I know the Mute button used to put the phone into standby on the older OS, but after 5.0, it doesn't do that anymore because it was integrated into the Keyboard Lock, right?

Does the mute button have any other shortcut effects anymore? Or does it just mute the music that's playing... and if so is there any way to change what it does?
    03-27-10 01:22 PM
    standby works for me under 5.0.0.419 so does the lock button.Each independently of each other, I will not switch to the official Verizon release until that is confirmed because i save battery life with it.
    03-27-10 03:31 PM
    standby works for me under 5.0.0.419 so does the lock button.Each independently of each other, I will not switch to the official Verizon release until that is confirmed because i save battery life with it.
    I'm using .484 and it doesn't put the phone into standby. It does nothing unless music is playing.
    03-27-10 03:37 PM
    I'm using .484 and it doesn't put the phone into standby. It does nothing unless music is playing.
    im on official sprint 5.0
    I just tried this and standby button does not bring up standby and it mutes music... no standby mode even with 5.0 upgrade?
    Last edited by bluedragonfly; 03-27-10 at 06:18 PM.
    03-27-10 06:14 PM
    Yeah I'm using Sprint's too. Does anyone know of any other function? Or a way to change it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 07:26 PM
    all OS> 5.0.0.500 have the ''New'' lock button... Do a search in the forums, you have a million+ existing tread about it...

It does what it does, no way to change it.
    03-27-10 07:29 PM

It does what it does, no way to change it.
    That's what I was looking for, thank you. I have searched the threads and other people were talking about the change, I haven't seen anyone answer whether there was an app or way to change it. So thank you for answering.
    03-27-10 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD