Me & my wife both have USCellular 9630's, Recently USCell upgraded the networks to EVDO in our area, and my tour with the exact same OS as my wife's (5.0.0.732) accepts it no problem at all using the *228 method of updating the phone. Mine stays in EVDO hers will not and it reverts back to the slow network after about 5 mins of updating the phone ? Both phones are sitting side by side I'm out of ideas i have done full backups and reinstalls of the OS on hers and even tried a clean install without installing the backup file registered to the network fine updated to EVDO and samething. I am out of ideas and any insight would be great. Also forgot to mention i did the full backups & low level wipes with BBSAK
    Last edited by BP27; 07-04-10 at 09:22 AM.
    07-04-10 09:11 AM
    If you have already done OS wipes and reinstalled them and the *228 on the phone. Maybe there is something wrong with the internal attena in the phone. Take it into a USCC store and see what they say.
    07-04-10 10:37 AM
    Try options>advanced>host routing table hit the menu button and select "register now". I sometimes have luck with that...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 02:29 PM
    My wife and I had the exact same problem when we updated to EVDO last week. We both have tours. I called USCC and they deleted me from the EVDO system and put me back in. It has worked great ever since.

Call them and they'll take care of it. I don't know the exact name of the system, but he referred to it as the EVDO system.

Good Luck.
    07-04-10 06:21 PM
    My wife and I had the exact same problem when we updated to EVDO last week. We both have tours. I called USCC and they deleted me from the EVDO system and put me back in. It has worked great ever since.

Call them and they'll take care of it. I don't know the exact name of the system, but he referred to it as the EVDO system.

Good Luck.
    I had no choice but to do this they said it was errors on their end i had to pull the battery and they deleted something, I put the battery back in and bam it worked like a champ all is well thx for all the tips!
    07-04-10 11:10 PM
    Not to thread jack. But I'm on uscc as well. Called *228 and it started and update, not exactly sure what it was, but it said successfully installed, I'm not even sure we have evdo yet.....anyways to check was was updated and if I'm in an evdo area?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD