When I attempt to upload photos from my 9630, I get an advisement that "no new photos or videos were found on this device". I've been saving photos "in device memory", and it's full. What am I doing wrong? How do I transfer my photos to my desktop? Thank you!
    11-23-09 03:05 PM
    Upload the photos using what method?

If you are trying to access the Device Memory via a computer, you need to use Roxio Media Manager.
    11-23-09 05:14 PM
    why not set it to save photos on the storage card?
    11-23-09 05:15 PM
    ALso I would go into the camera, hit menu and select options. Change the store location from device to memory card. Much easier to deal with and does not clutter the device memory.
    11-23-09 05:17 PM
    Two issues - as others suggested - change where photos are stored in the future.

It sounds as if you have been syncing in some fashion and the software did not detect any NEW photos.

In any event you need to move the existing photos out of memory. You could email them to yourself and then delete as they arrive. You can use the Media Player's Explore function to find them and then copy/move them or you could use FileScout similarly but mark a group of them to move/copy to your SD card.

Good luck.
    11-23-09 07:02 PM
    Thank you all for your comments. I changed my option setting back to now store photos on "memory card". That's where it was originally set and where I had the same problem uploading. I'm using the desktop manager and my pc runs Vista. I get the same error message that the desktop doesn't find any new pictures on the device. Same message when both storage locations are used. Do I have to use Roxio Media Manager? So I have to "buy" a package to upload photos off my bb onto my pc? Can that be right?

In the two months I've had my 9630, I've been able to download music and sinc contacts, but NEVER upload photos regardless of the save location set on the device.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you all!
    11-23-09 11:11 PM
    Do you have mass storage enabled on your bb?
    11-24-09 03:13 AM
    Roxio Media Manager is free. You get it as part of BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Download it from the BlackBerry website.

You canNOT access the Device Memory via Mass Storage Mode. You MUST use Roxio.
    11-24-09 05:59 AM
    Motocycle Mama...your recommendation worked. Thank you! I wonder why Roxio isn't include on the start up CD?
    11-24-09 04:38 PM
    Well, because for the most part Roxio sucks. (Sorry to be blunt.) Glad you got access to your pictures, though.

Going forward, don't use the Device Memory for Media. Put all your media on the Media Card and then you can just use Mass Storage Mode to copy the files directly to and from the card to your computer.
    11-24-09 07:42 PM
    Roxio Media Manager is free. You get it as part of BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Download it from the BlackBerry website.

You canNOT access the Device Memory via Mass Storage Mode. You MUST use Roxio.
    Lol, I'm replying late but, I know you can't access device memory that way, but he did say he couldn't access it either way.

Now let's look at it another way, he didn't NEED to install roxio (a bloated software at best).

He could have installed File Scout on his BB, moved the images over to the SD card, enabled mass storage mode, plugged in the sync cable from pc to bb, and transferred them to the pc.
    No additional bloat installed on the pc to be in all likelihood used this once or twice.

So again you don't NEED roxio, and you don't HAVE to use roxio, just some forethought.

Cheers
    11-25-09 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD