I've never had a Blackberry before, I currently have a LG voyager on verizon, that i've had for over a year and a half. I was wondering what kind of upgrade a voyager to a Blackberry, specifically a Tour, I would see. I don't really like the web browser for the voyager. Would it be hard to get used to a non-touch screen again? However, I really like the keyboard, I can type really quickly and easily, which makes texting very nice. One of the biggest reasons I want to get a Blackberry is to be more organized, can anyone tell me about their Blackberry and organization.

Thanks
    Last edited by Knockglock; 06-29-09 at 04:28 PM.
    06-29-09 04:18 PM
    It looks like we are in the same boat lol ive had my voyager for over a year and am quite frankly ready to move into the world of blackberries. I personally am tired of the voyagers touch screen and have only kept it around because of the qwerty keyboard. i think it will take a little while to get used to not having a touchscreen but the transition shouldnt be bad at all.
    06-29-09 04:24 PM
    I've never had a Blackberry before, I currently have a LG voyager on verizon, that i've had for over a year and a half. I was wondering what kind of upgrade a voyager to a Blackberry, specifically a Tour, I would see. I don't really like the web browser for the voyager. Would it be hard to get used to a non-touch screen again?

Thanks
    Check out this thread for a semi-similar question .
    06-29-09 04:27 PM
    i too am in the same boat.. are you guys going to pay full retail or try to work out a deal?
    my contract started in Jan. 08.. so it looks like i'll have to pay retail.
    06-29-09 04:30 PM
    It looks like we are in the same boat lol ive had my voyager for over a year and am quite frankly ready to move into the world of blackberries. I personally am tired of the voyagers touch screen and have only kept it around because of the qwerty keyboard. i think it will take a little while to get used to not having a touchscreen but the transition shouldnt be bad at all.
    Yeah man, I feel the exact same way. The touch screen is okay i'm kind of neutral about it, but the QWERTY keyboard is excellent. But yeah i'm ready as well to move onto a Blackberry
    06-29-09 04:30 PM
    I guess I'm in the same boat also, but with an enV.
    I cant wait until I get my Tour, but am also wondering about the difficulty of texting on the Tour's keyboard, as it seems a little small to me.?
    06-29-09 04:32 PM
    I guess I'm in the same boat also, but with an enV.
    I cant wait until I get my Tour, but am also wondering about the difficulty of texting on the Tour's keyboard, as it seems a little small to me.?
    Me too, this is probably my single biggest concern. The voyager's awesome QWERTY keyboard has gotten me used to a certain standard of living haha.
    06-29-09 04:36 PM
    The Tour won't be hard to type on at all. Just because it's not huge doesn't mean it's "too small." It will take a day or two to get used to, but you'll be fine. I went from a Voyager to a Pearl... now, that's a size difference.
    06-29-09 04:48 PM
    I recently made the jump from a Voyager to a Blackberry (got an 8830 from ebay while waiting for the Tour). The keyboard was pretty easy to adapt to, it only took a few days to become familiar with it. The trackball easily trumps the touch screen. What I like the most however is the ability to tailor the phone to my tastes. There are tons of apps,wallpapers, and themes out there to make the phone completely suit you. I've made the leap and I am not looking back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 05:35 PM
    awesome. im really excited for this to be my first blackberry. The only mild concern i have is if verizon gets a handfull of new berries this year and some suit my liking better. I know the storm 2 is coming sometime later this year but the tour definitely wins over that for my needs at least. the only other cdma device that i am curious about is the alleged atlas. although from reports around crackberry it seems it the tour will still be vzw's flagship device, which is what im hoping for lol
    06-29-09 06:12 PM
    I went from the voyager to the pearl 8130 and it was definately an upgrade. Voyager to Tour is even a better upgrade.
    06-29-09 06:23 PM
    i too am in the same boat.. are you guys going to pay full retail or try to work out a deal?
    my contract started in Jan. 08.. so it looks like i'll have to pay retail.
    FYI, your eligibility for a New Every Two upgrade kicks in 20 months into your contract - i.e. 4 months before your contract actually ends. So if you don't mind holding out a month or so after the Tour releases, you should theoretically be eligible for upgrade pricing then.
    06-29-09 06:45 PM
    I sold my iPhone for the bold, and I have to say that I am already a blackberry addict. (It's my first blackberry). PS, you will get used to not having a touch screen
    06-29-09 06:47 PM
    I sold my iPhone for the bold, and I have to say that I am already a blackberry addict. (It's my first blackberry). PS, you will get used to not having a touch screen
    Really? I have a very slight interest in the iPhone but I think i'd prefer the Blackberry Tour. That's good to know
    06-29-09 07:07 PM
    haha i am doing the same thing (as in voyager to blackberry)
    06-29-09 07:09 PM
    i'm kind of doing the same thing - cept i'm going from an enV to a blackberry. i was so set on the storm to start but i played with it and the touchscreen is too slow for me. i need to be able to text fast! i think it will be easy to text fast on the tour
    06-29-09 07:13 PM
    I have had the iPhone, Blackberry Storm, Pearl, and the Curve. Blackberry, in my opinion, is better than the iPhone. I couldn't stand only touch. My curve right now has been great. I can't wait for the Storm. I have also had a Samsung Glyde...so it's a big upgrade. My wife has had the Voyager and now has an EnV3. We love our QWERTY keyboards, but the only big change will be your bill. Of course you know that you'll have to add the BIS plan (an addition $30 a month). But if you haven't already, check with Verizon to see if you have an employer discount. I get 17% off my monthly bill and 20% off any added features (i.e. blackberry data!). It's worth the time.
    06-29-09 07:16 PM
    I am also going to make the jump from the voyager to the tour. I have enjoyed my voyager very much, but I am ready to upgrade to a blackberry. From what I have been reading and have heard I think the Tour is going to be an excellent device. I just need to figure out a way to get it asap since my upgrade isn't till nov.
    06-29-09 07:18 PM
    The BIS Plan you mentioned for $30, what does the cover? Can I add this plan to my family share plan or do I have to start my own blackberry plan? Thanks for your help!
    06-29-09 07:21 PM
    The BIS plan is applied to one line I believe and you can add it to a family plan. I'm an additional line on my mom's account and I added the BIS plan to my line when I got my BB. It's a data plan so you get internet, email, etc.
    06-29-09 07:34 PM
    The BIS plan is applied to one line I believe and you can add it to a family plan. I'm an additional line on my mom's account and I added the BIS plan to my line when I got my BB. It's a data plan so you get internet, email, etc.

Thanks for your reply, I just had another question. The BIS plan is $30...what does that cover? Does is cover internet use, email, bb messaging, text/pix messaging?
    06-30-09 11:32 AM
    i had the voyager for a month after upgrading from a treo 650p, then i gave it back and got the treo 755p. the voyager isnt even a smartphone, so that also added to why i gave it back. i just wasnt impressed with it at all. the browser was ok...thats like the only thing that i even liked about it. everything else was blah....
    06-30-09 02:54 PM
    I'm also doing the voyager to tour upgrade. I got my voyager when it first came out so I'm eligible starting 7/26 for an upgrade. I must say that I love the qwerty keyboard on the voyager and I barely used the touch screen so the tour is perfect for me. Plus getting the bolt/opera web browsers on the tour is a huge upgrade from the voyager.
    06-30-09 05:03 PM
    Same change for me.... I was just looking at my account. My NE2 is up in November but my line is on a month to month basis. So I will call tomorrow and get the scoop and see if they will push up my NE2 for the tour.
    06-30-09 06:29 PM
    I went from an LG dare to a storm and I couldn't be happier. I love my storm and I never put it down lol.

There's a good reason they call them crackberrys lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 08:27 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD