I upgraded to .230 2 weeks ago and was curious if I upgraded again to .419 and bricked my phone, do I revert back to 4.7 or do I revert back to .230?

I still have my backup file for 4.7, and I assume I would do a backup for .230 as well before making the jump.

I guess what I am really asking is do I have to start from scratch and use my 4.7 backup, and then install .230 again? Kind of a noob question I know, but this was my 1st upgrade ever and do not want to mess things up.
    01-08-10 05:31 AM
    if you have .230 now... chances that anyone bricking a phone is slim to none. Some people do brick them but thats because there are millions of Blackberry users and were bound to hear about a few of them bricking there phones. Dont be scared as chances are you have a 99% chance of not bricking the phone.

What a recommend you do though before upgrading to .419 is to Backup your phone on desktop manager and then completely wipe the phone completely using this link to help you out...http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

you also want to backup your 3rd party apps using this link to help you do this..http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

after 419 is installed, just restore your 3rd party apps and your restore from the backup from desktop manager
    01-08-10 05:43 AM
    I also lost my contacts from the upgrade 2 weeks ago. Is there a program that will do a backup of your contacts?
    01-08-10 05:49 AM
    Your desktop manager should back up your contacts, whether you do it manually and it should when you installing a new OS too? My brother has a tour and he updated to the 419 and loved it, said it was VERY responsive. He then put like a 436 hybrid and said it was awful, so he is going back down to 419. DO it man, you won't brick it
    01-08-10 06:34 AM
    I sync my contacts with outlook. you can use your 4.7 backup to restore .230 or .419. Also, make a habit of regular backups.
    I use BBSAK to backup all my apps so I can restore all at once
    I sync my calendar and contacts and do a backup
    Then when you install, DM should do autobackup. Either way, you got it whipped. .419 is as good to .230 as .230 was to .61
    01-08-10 06:37 AM
    When I did the upgrade to 230, my data was restored. I'm not sure what happened by when I upgraded to 419, my data was NOT restored. I used the backup to restore it with no problems, though.

I backed up my data manually both times just before running the upgrade. And both times, the upgrade process also made backups. But I still think making my own backup is just one more safety step.
    01-08-10 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD