I just had to switch back to Verizon for work back on the 31st of May. At the time, I only had two realistic BB options, the Curve and the Storm. The Curve was too laggy for me, without enough memory, so I went with the Storm, knowing that I would hate it (and I do). Anyways, this put me in a bind getting the Tour when it came out, since it was past my 30 day return period.

If any of you need to get around that, just call your local store and ask for a manager. I was very polite talking to mine, and asked him if he could extend my return period another 15 days so that I could get the Tour, since I had no options when I signed my contract. He was completely fine with it, and said they could go longer if the Tour was delayed.

I just spoke with him again today, and asked if he could hold one for me to make sure I would get it that day. He said not to worry about it, that most stores would have plenty and that there was such little fanfare about the device that he was positive they would be in stock. He told me that the Storm had people waiting in line at 5am the day it came out, and this device had no advertising, so it would be the complete opposite. If they weren't in stock, he said they would give me a rain check so that I wouldn't have to worry about paying full retail, no matter how long it took them to come in.

I don't think it'll be necessary to pre-order online for most people, because form what I understand most people don't know/care about the release.

Not much info, but I hope it helps some of you.
    06-30-09 07:09 PM
    Wow, that's outstanding customer service!
    06-30-09 07:10 PM
    i don't think im going to pre order. I dont live in a large city to begin with. I will just go to the store like you say and get one and if they are sold out I'll get a rain check and wait.
    06-30-09 08:22 PM
    Congrats on a pleasant experience with the CS.

i don't think im going to pre order. I dont live in a large city to begin with. I will just go to the store like you say and get one and if they are sold out I'll get a rain check and wait.
    The people who are pre ordering are getting the $70 MIR. When you get it in the store you wont be getting that and the price I heard was $269. I could be wrong though.
    06-30-09 08:29 PM
    You get the $70 MIR when you buy it at the store. When you buy it online/preorder its a $70 instant rebate. Same thing, but the store takes longer.
    06-30-09 08:47 PM
    i've only been with vzw for a yr and a half, but so far their customer service has been wayyyyyy better than sprint and tmobile which i had previously. my moms been with them for over 10 yrs though and shes been real happy with them cuz theyre always accommodating with her needs; her only complaint is the high monthly payments. but then again, we have service EVERYWHERE we go...so you get what you pay for at least.
    06-30-09 09:01 PM
    I don't expect anything less. Verizon has the best customer service in the wireless industry. I've always been pleased when dealing with them.

I'm a little confused about the pre-order for existing customers. I was under the impression that an existing customer couldn't pre-order the two at the $199.99 price. I was planning on pre-ordering from the website but opted to just go into the store after seeing that. Did I misunderstand?

-Liv

ETA: Nevermind. I found the thread addressing my concern. Color me embarrassed.
    Last edited by livvielove; 06-30-09 at 09:05 PM.
    06-30-09 09:01 PM
    also, i have the storm and other than the huge screen which i love, i hate it. i will say the typing on it for a touch screen is outstanding. aside from the landscape mode which i dont use for anything. wish they would get rid of that....
    even with the upgrade, it freezes, its slow, whatever.
    im gonna try to sell my storm on ebay or something im not sure yet but i really want the tour.
    06-30-09 09:02 PM
    thanks for sharing that...i was going to get up early and head to get one on sunday but now i think i will wait. i got invited to a party that is a half hour away (and so is the verizon store) so no sense in me driving the drive once in the morning then again at 2pm! so i'll just get it before i go to the party
    06-30-09 09:43 PM
    I think the hype will all depend on where you live/are because some places may sell out and some might not..
    06-30-09 09:53 PM
    I think the hype will all depend on where you live/are because some places may sell out and some might not..
    yea thats what im worried about...just to get an idea who here is getting the tour is nassau county (long island) of NY?
    06-30-09 10:08 PM
    i'm not in a hugely populated area...not like NYC or anything, just upstate NY. so hopefully i'll be ok!
    06-30-09 10:26 PM
    i think you're all gonna be good, how many people outside of crackberry or other sites really know about this phone? if anything, people will hear by word of mouth about the new awesome blackberry, and will get it as their upgrades come up.
    it's called CRACKberry for a reason, mostly cause we live here and want the latest and greatest. a lot of other people don't share our mentality.

then again, it also depends on the stock at your local store, and how many people in your area are interested.
    06-30-09 11:56 PM
    thanks for sharing that...i was going to get up early and head to get one on sunday but now i think i will wait. i got invited to a party that is a half hour away (and so is the verizon store) so no sense in me driving the drive once in the morning then again at 2pm! so i'll just get it before i go to the party
    Very wise decision. If you had gotten up early and bought it and then taken it back home, I think you would have missed the party altogether

Call me crazy...I'm thinking about taking Monday off just so I can play with mine uninterrupted til I have it customized exactly as I want it! I won't be doing a Desktop Manager device switch. I'm going to install all my stuff fresh on this OS. I expect to have some minor issues along the way...so want to have lots of time to work through them.
    07-01-09 07:42 AM
    Yea i dont think im going to pre order either since the site is screwed up anyway. I will just go to the store and get one. So it will be in stores July 12th a Sunday or the Monday?
    07-01-09 07:55 AM
    it will be in stores sunday july 12th.
    07-01-09 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD