I am upgrading from .57 to .61, is first "wiping" the Tour necessary, or can I just install it as an upgrade through DM?
    11-21-09 01:59 PM
    just use the DM
    11-21-09 02:06 PM
    OK so I am having a problem upgrading.

I am running .57 and attempted to upgrade to .61. I downloaded the Verizon version, deleted the vendor.xml file etc. In DM when I went to update in application loader, the local installation of 4.7.1.61 shows up, yet when I choose it and click on next it says No Software Update is required for your device. I've done this before with my old BB, so I'm not a complete newbie. Not sure what is going wrong, especially since it shows up.

I did notice under name the newer version says "BlackBerry 4.7 for 9630" yet the current one says "BlackBerry 4.7.1 for 9630"

Any help would be appreciated. Further, if I am running .57, is the upgrade to .61 necessary? Are there any noticeable changes or should I just skip it?
    11-21-09 02:26 PM
    OK so I am having a problem upgrading.

I am running .57 and attempted to upgrade to .61. I downloaded the Verizon version, deleted the vendor.xml file etc. In DM when I went to update in application loader, the local installation of 4.7.1.61 shows up, yet when I choose it and click on next it says No Software Update is required for your device. I've done this before with my old BB, so I'm not a complete newbie. Not sure what is going wrong, especially since it shows up.

I did notice under name the newer version says "BlackBerry 4.7 for 9630" yet the current one says "BlackBerry 4.7.1 for 9630"

Any help would be appreciated. Further, if I am running .57, is the upgrade to .61 necessary? Are there any noticeable changes or should I just skip it?
    Don't Delete The Vendor XML File If's It's The Offical OS From Verizon. ONLY Delete The Vendor File If's It's From A Leaked OS Or Another Carrier's OS. Are You Doing This On A Mac Or PC?
    11-21-09 02:54 PM
    Don't Delete The Vendor XML File If's It's The Offical OS From Verizon. ONLY Delete The Vendor File If's It's From A Leaked OS Or Another Carrier's OS. Are You Doing This On A Mac Or PC?

I am on Sprint, so I am having to use another carrier's OS, which is why I deleted it. I am on a PC. Also, before I go through all the trouble, do you think going from .57 to .61 is necessary?

Thanks
    Last edited by ska11153; 11-21-09 at 03:04 PM.
    11-21-09 02:56 PM
    The for BB shows when you have D/L the update. Otherwise it should say .61recommended, if you dothough the DM.

As to the OP, wiping is not required, but after a back-up I would recommend it
    11-21-09 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD