So today I had a unrecoverable 552 error and decided to just upgrade Sprint's 5.0 OS. Everything seems to be working fine, except now I'm getting the problem that the enhanced g-mail plugin isn't working correctly. I have it installed, but it doesn't seem to add any options for stars, labels, etc. It's listed in the applications page in the options, so I'm not sure what to do. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it countless times and did a battery pull after each. Does anyone know what may be causing this problem?
    03-14-10 09:05 PM
    You have to get a new email message before you see the options. You may also want to delete and recreate the Gmail account in BIS.
    03-14-10 11:18 PM
    wrightpc is right. You need to delete the account and then add it again and the plugin should kick in and work.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 06:17 AM
    Unfortunately that didn't work. I deleted the e-mails, and nothing happened. I then deleted them again, deleted the plugin, pulled the battery, reinstalled the plugin, and still nothing worked.

I remember on 4.7, I received an e-mail telling me about the plugin and where to download. I'm not getting that with 5.0... I just assumed that it would work. However, on the blackberry.com/gmail page when I visit it on my BB browser, it says this:

Note: some customers don't currently meet the requirements to access the Enhanced Gmail plug-in. Eligible customers will receive a message from the BlackBerry Internet Service prompting them to download the Enhanced Gmail plug-in.
    So since I'm not receiving that message, does that mean I'm not eligible or something? It doesn't make sense - I have BIS, I have the Tour, and I have Gmail. Unless it just doesn't work with Sprint's .484 OS, I'm not sure what could be the problem.
    Last edited by slinky317; 03-15-10 at 08:34 AM.
    03-15-10 08:27 AM
    my OS5 (.419) came with the gmail plugin preloaded (.30)

I would goto www. blackberry .com/gmail on your phone to redownload the plugin.
    03-15-10 01:57 PM
    Unfortunately that didn't work. I deleted the e-mails, and nothing happened. I then deleted them again, deleted the plugin, pulled the battery, reinstalled the plugin, and still nothing worked...
    Did you delete the ACCOUNTS and recreate them?
    03-15-10 05:06 PM
    my OS5 (.419) came with the gmail plugin preloaded (.30)

I would goto www. blackberry .com/gmail on your phone to redownload the plugin.
    Yeah, I've tried that unfortunately.

Did you delete the ACCOUNTS and recreate them?
    Yep, in the e-mail setup, multiple times. Each time doing a battery pull afterwards, and installing the plugin afterwards. Still no luck.
    03-15-10 07:02 PM
    Each time doing a battery pull afterwards, and installing the plugin afterwards. Still no luck.
    Install the plug-in first, then re-add the account. Works every-time for me.
    03-15-10 09:46 PM
    Install the plug-in first, then re-add the account. Works every-time for me.
    Still no go, unfortunately. Not sure what could be causing it. What version is your plugin?
    03-16-10 07:42 PM
    Still no go, unfortunately. Not sure what could be causing it. What version is your plugin?
    Not sure. I recently switched to Rackspace Email and no longer have the plug-in installed.
    03-16-10 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD