Like the title says...
    Is that a good upgrade?... or should i wait for something newer?
    10-05-09 04:35 PM
    I'd probably wait.

The only benefit of the Tour over the 8900 is the processor and keyboard... and 3g if you gain that in your area. Plus you lose WiFi.

Thats my take, without looking closer at the 8900 specs.
    10-05-09 07:13 PM
    Love my Tour, but in your situation would wait for 9700 (GSM) or Essex (CDMA-if you need it/GSM) to come out
    10-05-09 08:06 PM
    I would wait too. The 8900 is a pretty good phone and aside from 3G , the Tour is not that much of an upgrade over your phone. Like above poster, i would go for the 9700 or Essex . They are just around the corner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 08:16 PM
    It really depends on your preference and signal strength in your area.. Coming from tmobile, I'm tired of their bad reception and dropped calls so I traded my 8900 for the tour.

10-05-09 10:47 PM
    It really depends on your preference and signal strength in your area.. Coming from tmobile, I'm tired of their bad reception and dropped calls so I traded my 8900 for the tour.

10-05-09 10:48 PM
    I once had the 8900 and currently have the Tour...my opinion..Keep it until the 9700 comes out.
    10-05-09 11:12 PM
    I came from an 8900 and so far the Tour in my own opinion is worthy of updating. Though I hear the Tour 2 may be coming out soon, with WiFi and trackpad. I'm sure I'm missing a few other specs but I can't complain. I love my 3G and honestly didn't use WiFi so it was a no brainer for me. Have you tried the Tour yet? Decided which provider you want to go with?
    10-06-09 01:18 PM
    I also went from the 8900 to the Tour...I definitely think it was worth it. 8900 felt too flimsy to me and I wasn't exactly happy with the keyboard. The Tour's keyboard and processor are superior IMO and I don't see the need for wifi because of the 3G speeds. Also-I notice I get reception in places I didn't get it before (AT&T to Vzw) and the call quality is improved.

The thing about waiting is that no matter when you buy there will always be something new on it's way out, so you might as well go for what will make you happy when you're ready to buy.
    Last edited by TeritaM; 10-20-09 at 09:20 PM.
    10-06-09 01:33 PM
    The thing about waiting is that no matter when you buy there will always be something new on it's way out, so you might as well go for what will make you happy when you're ready to buy.
    very well said, my friend.
    10-07-09 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD