Should I upgrade to thr Bold or wait for something better?
    08-20-10 05:47 PM
    There will always be something newer. Recent history suggests it will not necessarily be better. If your 9630 is doing everything you need it to do, and not having problems, then waiting preserves your options.
    08-20-10 08:58 PM
    It does but I wanted bigger better faster... The Torch is what I would love to have or the Storm equivalent. I would have to change carriers for the Torch. S3 is still a rumor...
    08-21-10 06:22 AM
    In my opinion, the carrier is much more important than the phone. I'd never recommend changing from a carrier that had good service and good coverage in your area it to a different carrier just to get a different phone. There is just not that much difference in phones. There are huge differences in carriers' coverage areas. An older phone with a good signal beats the hot new latest-and-greatest-bells-and-whistles-but-no-signal phone every time.
    08-21-10 02:45 PM
    Using your upgrade would be a waste. I don't know how much it costs to upgrade on Verizon, but for Sprint, I would have to pay $199. All that money would only net me a trackpad, wifi (which I don't use), and a little bit of more memory. In my opinion, you'd just be upgrading your phone with itself (with very slight changes).

If you want to spend all of that money and wait another year for your next upgrade, go ahead. If you want to be more sensible, I'd wait. Only you can determine if it's worth it to upgrade now or wait.

I can upgrade once a year (I was eligible on August 1st), but I am not going to spend close to $200 to have the same phone. I'd rather upgrade to another phone...and then go back to blackberry in 12 months since I'm sure they'll release a new CDMA blackberry by then.
    08-21-10 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD