11-07-09 03:30 PM
75 123
tools
    I know with verizon its *228 potion 2. How is it done on sprint

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 07:11 PM
    You have to call and have Customer Service do it for you on Sprint.
    10-31-09 07:34 PM
    You go to Options -> Mobile Network -> Berry Key -> Update Preferred List.

If you are running OS 5 you must not restore your Service Books when installing the OS.

10-31-09 07:51 PM
    I don't see a berry key
    10-31-09 07:56 PM
    I don't see a berry key
    The key that looks like this.
    10-31-09 08:02 PM
    LOL! Pwned!

and now back on topic, my phone reboots when i do the PRL update. (running OS 5 .230 on a BB tour for sprint)
    10-31-09 08:19 PM
    You have to call and have Customer Service do it for you on Sprint.
    My 8330m does it automatically. I have yet to call Sprint to get it updated, and I don't have it as an option to do it manually, yet I'm on the latest PRL, 60655.
    10-31-09 08:43 PM
    Hmmm ... thanks. They must have changed their process. Very good. Calling Customer Service for something like this is just annoying.
    10-31-09 08:50 PM
    On most of the leaked 5.0 OS's, the "update preferred list" option is broken - causing your Tour to simply reboot. While this is a great way to do a battery pull without physically pulling the battery (as quickpull is also broken with many versions of 5.0) it does not update the PRL. You need to call sprint cs. most reps should know what you're talking about. About 2-5min after you hang up with sprint cs, you'll need to dial *2 again and you'll hear an automated message about your account being updated. That's it-simple.

10-31-09 09:20 PM
    I said it in my original post, if you are running OS5.0, you must not restore your Service Books when installing the OS. If you did restore them you have to reinstall the OS without backing them up. I'm on .230, and I can use the "Update Preferred List" option with no issues.

10-31-09 09:48 PM
    Hmm...news to me. You sure it isint just a weird coincidence? I have heard reports of some people using the preferred list option with no issues on 5.0.

I said it in my original post, if you are running OS5.0, you must not restore your Service Books when installing the OS. If you did restore them you have to reinstall the OS without backing them up. I'm on .230, and I can use the "Update Preferred List" option with no issues.

11-01-09 12:01 AM
    grassyass! I found it and it worked
    11-01-09 01:25 AM
    LOL! Pwned!

and now back on topic, my phone reboots when i do the PRL update. (running OS 5 .230 on a BB tour for sprint)

Sorry I didn't study every button on my phone. I will make sure to give a crap next time. I'm assuming PWNED is some internet geek speak. ( eyeroll)
    11-01-09 01:28 AM
    Sorry I didn't study every button on my phone. I will make sure to give a crap next time. I'm assuming PWNED is some internet geek speak. ( eyeroll)
    what that person said didnt even make sense to me.. pwned means "owned", and i dont see how that could mean anything toward you.. dont sweat it. it takes some time to get used to these god-awful electronic things.
    11-01-09 01:34 AM
    Like TheBiles said, you can use the Update Preferred List option on OS 5.0 if you don't restore service books from backup file after installing the OS on your device.
    11-01-09 01:50 AM
    Hey Sofa, I had to wipe my phone clean and now I can't set up my email. On the phone, or from the sprint.blackberry site. Wont let me log in and I cant set up mail on my phone. Would you know why??
    11-01-09 01:52 AM
    Hey Sofa, I had to wipe my phone clean and now I can't set up my email. On the phone, or from the sprint.blackberry site. Wont let me log in and I cant set up mail on my phone. Would you know why??
    how did you wipe it? from the phone or from a program on the computer?
    it shouldnt really matter.. if you cant even get on from sprint.blackberry.com from the computer.. i just tried mine and i got in, so there isnt an outage or anything.. are you sure you have the username and password right?
    Last edited by SofaKingKev; 11-01-09 at 01:59 AM.
    11-01-09 01:55 AM
    Just did the hard reset. And now, can't set up mail . I have the right name and password but not working.
    11-01-09 01:56 AM
    a hard reset wouldnt affect that at all. thats weird.. you can call CS and they can either change your password or username or they can just reset the account. ive never not been able to log in before.
    11-01-09 01:00 AM
    K Thank you. Very weird though I mean, the username and password are right so I dunno. But thank you.
    11-01-09 01:02 AM
    youre welcome.. how did you do the hard reset?
    11-01-09 01:04 AM
    Menu, Options,Security, General, then I hit Menu or as I now know it as the Berry Key
    11-01-09 01:07 AM
    ok, thats a wipe. a hard reset is a battery pull(phone on pull the battery out for 30 seconds). what you did was wipe the phone to an out-of-box state. you just need to go to the email setup icon and create a new account. it just got rid of your account when you did that. thats all. just redo it and you'll be good to go.
    11-01-09 01:09 AM
    It wont let me, says there is already an account with this PIN
    11-01-09 01:11 AM
    hmm.. try clicking on the "forgot password" or "forgot username" in the email setup icon. it seems to me that you must be putting in the wrong username or password. if you still have the BIS account setup, then it should work.. if not then you will need to call customer service at sprint to have them reset the BIS account.
    11-01-09 01:16 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD