I'll have to call them tomorrow. ACtually i'm going in this is the 3rd Tour I have had with problems. I did the forgot password and it sent it to me I had it right so I don't know. I really like the phone when it works. The camera, nice big screen but 3rd try and just issues. Sucks, because I don't want another touch screen I have the Touch2 and Mogul really wanted something different. Oh well, Thank you very much for your help.
    11-01-09 01:20 AM
    This issue sounds more like a BIS account issue rather than a hardware issue...
    11-01-09 01:27 AM
    try a battery pull(like a described earlier) it wont hurt, then try to log in again.. that is the weird part. your BIS is associated with your PIN and you obviously have the BIS account because it sent the password to you, so this all should be working for you.. its not the phone thats being weird, its your BIS page. you should be able to log in.. i would keep trying to do it on the computer through sprint.blackberry.com.. it will have to work eventually.
    11-01-09 01:28 AM
    It no worky worky. Tried like 20 times and just won't give. I soooo don't want to part with this phone! Wonder if Sprint Tech needs to clear something on their end? I shall see tomorrow
    11-01-09 01:32 AM
    Couldn't send pics earlier either
    11-01-09 01:34 AM
    Hey SWAT.Wife, let's try not to hijack someone else's thread next time you have a question...ok?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/
    11-01-09 10:24 AM
    Whew, agree re. thread hijack. I thought, wtf is going on on page 2 of this topic, going off subject re. PRL update? Wish there was a mod that would dump this off-top.

Speaking of PRL, how do you prevent the books from being backed up so as to avoid PRL updating issues when loading a new OS (step by step if possible)?
    11-01-09 12:21 PM
    Whew, agree re. thread hijack. I thought, wtf is going on on page 2 of this topic, going off subject re. PRL update? Wish there was a mod that would dump this off-top.

Speaking of PRL, how do you prevent the books from being backed up so as to avoid PRL updating issues when loading a new OS (step by step if possible)?
    Desktop Manager -> Backup and Restore -> Advanced -> Select everything except Service Books -> Wipe your device with BBSAK and install 5.0 -> Restore the backed up files to your BB.

You may also want to back up 3rd party apps and reload them with BBSAK.
    11-01-09 12:58 PM

Speaking of PRL, how do you prevent the books from being backed up so as to avoid PRL updating issues when loading a new OS (which step)?
    You can either do a custom backup, or a custom restore. Either will work. Remember, you only need to do this if you're installing OS 5.0.

Here's how...

Custom Backup:

1. Plug in device, then open DM

2. Go to: Backup And Restore/Advanced (your data will automatically load in the box to the right labeled "Device databases".

3. Click on the data items you want to save (I suggest only saving what you absolutely need, like Contacts, BBM, Calendar...etc.) DO NOT save service book data! Now, use the arrow key (looks like this <<) to load it into the box on the left labeled "Computer databases". NOTE: you can only bring over one data file at a time.

4. Once you have all the files that you want to save in the box on the left, click on "File" (right above left box), then "Save".

Custom Restore:

1. Create a full backup file before updating OS (Plug in device, open DM, go to: Backup and Restore/Backup)

2. After installing new 5.0 OS...unplug device, then plug it back in and open DM.

3. Go to: Backup & Restore/Advanced and click on "File" (located right above "Computer databases" box) then click on "Open". Now, select the backup file that you saved before loading the OS and open it.

4. Once all the backup files are loaded into the box on the left labeled "Computer databases", use the arrow key (looks like this >>) to load your desired data onto your device (I suggest loading only what you need like Contacts, BBM, Calendar...etc.). DO NOT load service book data back onto device!
    11-01-09 01:00 PM
    Thank you TheBiles and 1 2 MaNy... as much as I don't want to reload the OS today, my signal hasn't been great and I could use a PRL update.

I am not planning to install OS 5 until the official release, but would like to install 4.7.1.(61) OS. Given that I was not able to update PRL when running Sprint's official 4.7.1.57 - do the steps above still apply?
    Last edited by dohturdima; 11-01-09 at 01:19 PM.
    11-01-09 01:05 PM
    Hey, for some reason mine only updates to 60654 instead of the newest 60655. Anyone else have this issue?
    11-01-09 01:15 PM

how is that off topic? it may not be on topic according to the OP, but its not off topic.. relax dude, its not the end of the world. thanks for your 2 cents though.
    Last edited by SofaKingKev; 11-01-09 at 01:38 PM.
    11-01-09 01:30 PM
    how do I know what OS i am running on?

sprint user

thanks!
    11-01-09 01:33 PM
    how do I know what OS i am running on?

sprint user

thanks!
    this is going off topic too, but..
    options>about thrid line down.
    11-01-09 01:36 PM
    how do i find out what prl is on my tour..? i would like to update on sprint..!

im i on topic..!O!
    11-01-09 01:41 PM
    how is that off topic? it may not be on topic according to the OP, but its not off topic.. relax dude, its not the end of the world. thanks for your 2 cents though.
    SWAT.Wife took it extremely off topic and hijacked this thread. Fixing email problem has nothing to do with PRL.

11-01-09 01:48 PM
    how do i find out what prl is on my tour..? i would like to update on sprint..!

im i on topic..!O!
    Dial #4357*, then hit send....and yes, you are on topic.
    11-01-09 01:49 PM
    SWAT.Wife took it extremely off topic and hijacked this thread. Fixing email problem has nothing to do with PRL.

yeah, i get that.. but, if you put all the threads that went off topic in the off topic forum, there would no threads anywhere. technically, making a post to say "you went off topic" in of itself is off-topic.
    im not arguing the fact that it went off topic.. my original point was directed at dohturd.
    Last edited by SofaKingKev; 11-01-09 at 02:05 PM.
    11-01-09 01:54 PM
    dohturdima was just agreeing with me though, so you were actually disagreeing with me. Anyway, no harm...no foul. Just letting SWAT.Wife know that thread hijacking tends to irritate people (especially the mods). Better to warned by a peer than to be warned by a mod.
    11-01-09 02:09 PM
    Generally, when your question has nothing to do with the subject of the thread (PRL updating), you ask it by starting a new thread after doing a search to see whether your question has already been answered. It's just basic consideration for others who are doing searches/ looking for answers on topic and finding something completely different/ not relevant to their search.
    11-01-09 03:38 PM
    Just following up - the steps that were described above worked! I was able to succesfully update my PRL by not backing up my service books and subsequently reloading the OS.

EDIT: PRL version is 60654, not the newest 60655 after the update. At least I loaded the new Appalachin RIM-released OS, v. 4.7.1.61 so it wasn't all for naught.
    Last edited by dohturdima; 11-01-09 at 04:06 PM.
    11-01-09 03:42 PM
    Sorry I didn't study every button on my phone. I will make sure to give a crap next time. I'm assuming PWNED is some internet geek speak. ( eyeroll)
    no offense but returning a response like this is just as bad and on a side note its kind of obvious...
    11-01-09 03:53 PM
    Hey, for some reason mine only updates to 60654 instead of the newest 60655. Anyone else have this issue?
    60654 for me as well, even after the update It seems I need to call CS again after all just as before, to have the account flagged... just like Sprint, nothing works as intended.
    11-01-09 04:02 PM
    60654 for me as well, even after the update It seems I need to call CS again after all just as before, to have the account flagged... just like Sprint, nothing works as intended.
    Did calling CS actually get you the latest PRL?
    11-01-09 04:35 PM
    I did the #4357* and I have PRL Version "0".
    Is that good or bad? I have the 9630 with OS 5.0.0.230.
    And if I go into options>Update Preferred.. My bb reboots.
    I resent my service books and still have PRL version "0".
    11-01-09 05:58 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD