I found one issue that seems to be very irritating with my BB which other phones have done fine in the past and I cant figure out how to on my Tour. My brother texted me with a new phone number he is now using so I hit options in the test message and then the only thing is "add to contacts" so I choose that but it is a brand new contact. Why cant I choose to update a contact?
    05-13-10 05:37 PM
    I found one issue that seems to be very irritating with my BB which other phones have done fine in the past and I cant figure out how to on my Tour. My brother texted me with a new phone number he is now using so I hit options in the test message and then the only thing is "add to contacts" so I choose that but it is a brand new contact. Why cant I choose to update a contact?
    Any phone number or email address sent in a text message, email or even PIN message for that matter acts as a link. All you have to do is place your cursor over it and when completly highlighted(should be highlighted in blue) and then hit your BB menu button then hit copy. Now open your contact and place the cursor in this case over what kind of phone number it is... Hom, Business, Mobile etc. and then your BB menu button again and this time hit Paste. Don't forget to then hit save from the BB menu button and you are done.

I have not seen yet any other way as I have not seen to update contacts either.

I know it is a bit on the long way around but it works so I hope this will help you.
    05-13-10 06:35 PM
    Ya thanks Jaguarr thats what I have done in the past and I agree it is a long way around. So far I have only found 2 things that irritate me that I feel RIM SHOULD have added to these phones. 1) is the above mentioned item and 2) You cannot record a phone call which completely blew my mind that it was missing.
    05-13-10 06:41 PM
    Add To Contact

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 06:42 PM
    Add To Contact

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That has been around for sometime now but I would rather go about copy/paste instead of paying for a 3rd party app just to edit contact info.
    It is not a matter of being cheap but not giving the satisfaction of used space to a 3rd party app when I don't mind doing it the long way around.

Just my opinion!
    05-13-10 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD