I have the BB Tour with Verizon. Anyone know if they can be retrieved?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 11:59 AM
    you mean your MMS icon is gone? if so, just resend your service books

go to Options, advanced Options, host routing table, click menu, click on Register now

if your asking to restore your past MMS messages, hopfully you backed up your phone before the upgrade, otherwise there gone
    04-20-10 12:02 PM
    if the host routing table doesnt work, check and see if its been hidden, or see if you have to seperate your email/text from each other in messages>options.
    04-20-10 12:10 PM
    Unfortunately I didn't backup my phone on the computer before the update. I was advised by a friend who has a BB that the update would leave everything intact.

The way my phone is set up is I have 2 e-mail icons for my two different e-mail accounts, so those messages are separated. I have a 3rd icon for SMS and MMS, so e-mails and SMS are seperated. It seems that all of my SMS messages are still there but all MMS messages are gone. I also still have the option to compose MMS and send pictures as MMS.

I'm going to be screwed if there's no way to retrieve the pictures I had for work.

Is this a common issue? Is that the only thing that gets wiped during an update?
    04-20-10 04:50 PM
    If you didn't update, they're gone...sorry dude.

Go smack your friend!
    04-20-10 04:54 PM
    IIs that something that happens all the time? It seems weird that that is the only thing missing. I feel like that's something I shouldn't have had to know beforehand.
    04-20-10 05:43 PM
    Did you update OTA or with a computer?

If you updated via a Windows based computer, look for a file named LoaderBackup(date).ipd.

Note that it's ALWAYS advisable to do a manual backup before doing any major procedure on the device.
    04-20-10 07:41 PM
    I updated it OTA. You're right I shouldve backed it up. Like I said, it's just weird that that was the only thing I lost.
    04-20-10 07:59 PM
    You didn't save any of the photos to your memory card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 08:58 PM
    I am new but just a thought..... can you do a search for them using the file name of the missing photos? Or a part of the file name? I am thinking they may just be someplace else.......
    04-20-10 09:27 PM
    I saved some photos to the memory card but not all. I have no way of guessing file names, but I would also like to think they're save internally somewhere else. Does anyone have an idea where to look? I looked in the MMS Outbox/Inbox folder and there is nothing.
    04-20-10 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD