I just took my Tour in to my local Sprint Store for the left/right trackball problem. A few note:

1.) Sprint is aware of the problem. There was a note in the computer that trackball issues have been reported in the field with the 9630. Sprint is "working with the vendor" on the cause and resolution. Until then, normal protocol and exchange procedures are to be followed.

2.) The repair technician decided to repair by replacing the trackball. He replaced it with a Curve/Pearl white trackball and it worked flawlessly. Unfortunately, he botched the re-assembly and created speaker problems. As such, they did an exchange. No trackball problem, but SIM device is locked (which it shouldn't be on Sprint.) This one was made in Mexico for those who care.

3.) Strangely, this new Tour boots faster... the clock spins faster while booting and it takes less time.
    08-05-09 07:30 PM
    I'm wondering something with the trackball issues. On my phone if I set the trackball settings to anything under 90 for horizontal I get issues big time. I have now set it at 80 vertical and 90 horizontal and it is now flawless. If it works perfect on one setting and not on another,is it really the trackball itself or an OS bug with the settings?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 07:43 PM
    I'm wondering something with the trackball issues. On my phone if I set the trackball settings to anything under 90 for horizontal I get issues big time. I have now set it at 80 vertical and 90 horizontal and it is now flawless. If it works perfect on one setting and not on another,is it really the trackball itself or an OS bug with the settings?

Simple test: Can you play brickbreaker with any success? If the movements are not smooth, your trackball is defective.
    08-05-09 08:08 PM
    Never played brickbreaker till now and I'm having a hard time . Movements are not that smooth. Now, why don't I have any issues with my trackball but when I play brickbreaker I do?

08-05-09 08:21 PM
    In reference to brick breaker, on my first and second tours the gun doesnt point all the way to the far left or right when starting the game or a new level. Anyone else have that issue?
    08-05-09 08:53 PM
    I just took my Tour in to my local Sprint Store for the left/right trackball problem. A few note:

1.) Sprint is aware of the problem. There was a note in the computer that trackball issues have been reported in the field with the 9630. Sprint is "working with the vendor" on the cause and resolution. Until then, normal protocol and exchange procedures are to be followed.

2.) The repair technician decided to repair by replacing the trackball. He replaced it with a Curve/Pearl white trackball and it worked flawlessly. Unfortunately, he botched the re-assembly and created speaker problems. As such, they did an exchange. No trackball problem, but SIM device is locked (which it shouldn't be on Sprint.) This one was made in Mexico for those who care.

3.) Strangely, this new Tour boots faster... the clock spins faster while booting and it takes less time.

so what does it being made in mexico have to do with the problem? i think u shud edit your post dude
    08-05-09 08:57 PM

This would indicate to me that the Curve trackball is slightly bigger, is that the case? I don't want a white trackball, I want the black one that comes on the Tour. How will they remedy this problem for ALL of the users with faulty trackballs??>?
    08-05-09 09:00 PM
    In reference to brick breaker, on my first and second tours the gun doesnt point all the way to the far left or right when starting the game or a new level. Anyone else have that issue?
    I don't think that has anything to do with the TB, though.

I DID notice it, and it's a little annoying!
    08-05-09 09:01 PM

Yeah, that's some BS right there.
    08-05-09 09:01 PM
    so what does it being made in mexico have to do with the problem? i think u shud edit your post dude
    You gota be kidding me, right? You're not seriously taking offense because he mentioned that BB was made in Mexico are you?

For as long as BBs have been made, the debate of the place it was made being the cause of certain issues has gone on. Get over yourself if took offense by the post, that wasn't the intent.
    08-05-09 09:04 PM
    You gota be kidding me, right? You're not seriously taking offense because he mentioned that BB was made in Mexico are you?

For as long as BBs have been made, the debate of the place it was made being the cause of certain issues has gone on. Get over yourself if took offense by the post, that wasn't the intent.
    u got your own feelings i got mine aite
    08-05-09 09:05 PM
    I thought this thread was about track ball issues with the tour. Not one's personal feelings. Let's get this thread back on track.
    08-05-09 09:13 PM
    You have one chance to apologize to me. Clearly the question has been raised in this forum as to the WHERE the phone has been made and if certain problems correspond. Your post makes no sense and has no merit.
    08-05-09 09:27 PM
    On my second tour. The first one had a number of issues one of them being the track ball. The replaced it and it was working great until yesterday when scrolling right because a real issue.

I like to play brick breaker and now there is now way with issue. Hopefully they exchange it with a new one.
    08-05-09 09:32 PM
    i aint gonna apologize
    08-05-09 09:32 PM
    dude, so if the bad tour would have been from Canada, would you have been bent out of shape too?
    08-05-09 09:48 PM
    I had trackball issues too... i bought it at best buy, they gave me a new one... my MEXICAN blackberry is now working perfect. the first tour was Canadian (eh?).

But I have been tempted to replace the trackball with one of the curve or 8830. Its just personal preference but I like the glowing trackball... I wonder if those trackballs will work on the tour.... as the few that have done it say it does...

Also with a clear trackball, the tour looks more similar to his older brother, the Bold.
    08-05-09 09:52 PM
    I had trackball issues too... i bought it at best buy, they gave me a new one... my MEXICAN blackberry is now working perfect. the first tour was Canadian (eh?).

But I have been tempted to replace the trackball with one of the curve or 8830. Its just personal preference but I like the glowing trackball... I wonder if those trackballs will work on the tour.... as the few that have done it say it does...

Also with a clear trackball, the tour looks more similar to his older brother, the Bold.
    Read my original post; the Sprint tech replaced my original track ball with one they had in stock.... which was clearly for the 8830, 8330, 8130, etc. It worked just fine...

BUT.... I think it is much more involved to change a trackball in the 9630. Like I said, a trained tech ruined the phone. (Loud speaker went tinny and place where things didn't quite fit back together the way they should have.)
    08-05-09 10:21 PM
    Ugh. Brick Breaker looks terrible. A good (but depressing) test.
    08-05-09 10:27 PM
    Going to exchange my Tour this weekend. I'm totally in love with the Tour...surprised that RIM's QA is slacking.
    08-05-09 11:03 PM
    same l/r issues with a vzw 9630. tried changing sensitivity 90, nothing, will inquire tomorrow. not sure where phone was made...lol
    08-05-09 11:17 PM

My Tour is set to 70/70 and everything goes smoothly. I do not have to adjust settings to get it to work right. Ideally, the settings should only be for preference, not trying to make it "work." Know what I mean? My first and 3rd phones were like yours (returned my 2nd phone for other reasons). My 4th phone is perfect.
    08-05-09 11:36 PM

My phone is a Mexcio 5 and I have no problems with it. Don't believe the hype.
    08-05-09 11:37 PM
    Because people keep asking where theirs were made... Mexico vs Canada. There has been a theory floating around that those made in one factory were less prone to flaws than the other. I've yet to see it be conclusive, but the poster provided the info before they were asked for it.

So no, he shouldn't edit his post, and you shouldn't start getting all emo-noob on us about something that was a perfectly reasonable statement to make and had no racial or prejudice undertone whatsoever.

Read through other threads and see what people are saying and if you still want to cry about it, maybe internet forums, or any social environment are not places where you should spend your time.
    08-05-09 11:57 PM
    I realize I have little rep power here, but trust me, the trackball is not a sensitivity issue. It is a hardware issue, and pressing down really hard and rolling it around alot did seem to help at first, but unfortunately, it was short-lived. I got a replacement and it is without a doubt a real, functioning trackball. Too bad the screen ripples more than a pebble in a small pond, and this is with pressing any button, not just the menu buttons. It is totally unacceptable. All I needed to see was a Curve 8900 and a Bold and they both did not have this problem.
    08-06-09 12:27 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD