Hey guys,

How do i update the software for my blackberry tour? I go to wireless update in the options menu, but it says no updates are available? I know i do not have the newest software because my friend just bought one and his software is newer than mine. I am at work right now and do not have my usb cord, is there anyway i can get the newest software without hooking my phone up to the computer? How can i do this? Thank you!
    10-23-09 01:17 PM
    At this time, there is offically released version for VZW. Keep your eyes open though might be soon.

You can monitor at BlackBerry® Software Updates
    10-23-09 01:20 PM
    I currently have v4.1.1.40

How do i get the same one you have?
    10-23-09 01:24 PM
    That's another carrier's officially released version. There are links in the stickies at the top of the forum section. You will need to use a computer.
    10-23-09 03:16 PM
    As Mama has said, the "updates" that are being talked about like 5.0 that are popular, are NOT official, which is why your computer doesn't recognize them, and can't install them.

I don't recall a Tour being shipping with 4.1 though...
    10-23-09 03:21 PM
    OK, I figured this out...

You probably are actually running 4.7, which is a build of 4.1, you probably got that out of the "About" screen in "options" yes?

If so, you probably have the most up to date OFFICIAL released OS. 5.0 is a leak, but many people are installing it anyway.
    10-23-09 03:26 PM
    The current official version for Verizon is 4.7.1.40. I'm hoping they release something newer soon....Not sure why the other carriers have newer OS's with fixes but Verizon doesn't.
    10-23-09 03:32 PM
    Thank you everybody, but another quick question.

I bought my tour between 1-2 months ago, a buddy of mine just bought his last week.

I am pretty sure his software is newer than mine, only reason i say that is because his bbm looks different and some of the other applications as well..

sorry for wasting everyones time
    10-23-09 03:42 PM
    I currently have v4.1.1.40

How do i get the same one you have?
    At this time you cannot - the version I have was relaease for a short period of time and was pulled as it was bricking devices.
    10-23-09 03:43 PM
    His OS is most likely the same as yours. I think there was a small update to the OS, but not anything that will change the look of the OS.

1. Make sure he didn't actually install 5.0

2. There IS an officially released update of BBM to version 5.0. You can get it too by pointing your mobile browser to BlackBerry Messenger
    10-23-09 03:44 PM
    Thank you everybody, but another quick question.

I bought my tour between 1-2 months ago, a buddy of mine just bought his last week.

I am pretty sure his software is newer than mine, only reason i say that is because his bbm looks different and some of the other applications as well..

sorry for wasting everyones time
    Your friend may have installed BBM 5.0, this available through Blackberry App World
    Last edited by lastraid; 10-23-09 at 03:48 PM.
    10-23-09 03:44 PM
    Your friend may have installed BBM 5.0, this availble though Blackberry App World

whoops
    ...or you can get it there too of course lol I refuse to use that app, so I tend to forget about it!
    10-23-09 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD