Ok, did anyone else get this wireless update and have it appear as an icon on their man screen with an Asterik? Obviously I guess I have to do it. My mother said hers took hours and hours and deleted all her apps? Can anyone shed some light please on what this is. Thank you!
    11-27-09 10:01 AM
    Ok, did anyone else get this wireless update and have it appear as an icon on their man screen with an Asterik? Obviously I guess I have to do it. My mother said hers took hours and hours and deleted all her apps? Can anyone shed some light please on what this is. Thank you!

do the update via dm and it wont take hours and hours
    11-27-09 10:13 AM
    People are getting to let them know about the OS update for their phone. I 100% agree with noaim. Do not do the OTA and do it though the DM (Desktop Manager). There is lots of info here on how to this.
    11-27-09 10:20 AM
    I've updated 3 devices now via Wireless Update. Other than a mistake I made, which was easily rectified, all of them have gone flawlessly.

The error I made was in checking BBM on the update, but my online backup worked as advertised. Had to delete the bad BBMs and reload it, the Restore Contacts, and I was back in play.

BTW, if you don't want to do the Wireless update, just hide the icon, it is only a shortcut to the actual download.

And RIM doesn't push the icon, your carrier does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 11-27-09 at 11:11 AM.
    11-27-09 11:09 AM
    OTA worked like a charm for me. No issues. Took 40 mins. DO NOT try and use your phone or touch any thing and you will be fine. Just make sure your battery life is good before you start. You don't want it dying on you in the middle of the update.
    11-27-09 12:15 PM
    If anyone is running Apalachian Wirelesses .61 and get the wireless update icon for .61 on Verizon its because Verizon's has a higher platform version.
    11-27-09 12:25 PM
    One thing I do recommend for anyone doing a WU. Plug your device into power during the upgrade, because the screen stays on during it. You don't wanna lose power!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD