I was sending some emails when all of a sudden I realize my Z C N M and SPACE keys do not work.

First thing I do is a battery pull, right.

Didn't think (or realize) that I need an N for the password to unlock my BlackBerry.

I cannot access my phone.

Any ideas on how I can fix the letter keys, or at least by pass the password?

Please help.
    07-08-10 09:55 PM
    hopefully you've backed up your phone so it
    will be easier when you get your new phone
    07-08-10 10:10 PM
    +1 on the backup... If you plug the phone into DM and put in the password on the computer will it allow you to make a backup? If you are under a year since purchase, call VZW and make a claim on your warranty. Best of luck... Even with the DeviceSwitchWizard I bet you're going to need the password. Keep us posted. '

Sorry mate.
    07-08-10 10:22 PM
    Using DM does not work. I put in my password via the computer (DM) but when trying to do a back up, it says I must unlock my phone.

I am not the greatest at backing up, but not the worst. My last back up was on June 22 - so not too bad.

I am just outside the year, I bought it when it first came out, June 15th 2009.

I'll keep you posted as I work on it tomorrow. Just need to try and sleep. I cannot believe you much freaking out I'm doing by not being able to access my BB. I must really be an addict.
    07-08-10 10:43 PM
    I am just outside the year, I bought it when it first came out, June 15th 2009.
    Sorry to hear that. Call into your carrier and see if you can purchase a CLN-refurb. I know VZW will let you if they have them in stock. They are the same phones that would be given you without cost as a replacement only you get to pay this time, unfortunately. See how much they are willing to give you one for and if they want too much, just go with the 9650!
    07-08-10 10:52 PM
    That's strange. I use DM every day and I've never had to input the device password on the device itself. Only on the prompt on my computer screen.

The only time I ever have to input the device password on the handheld is when you go to browse the memory card in mass storage mode.
    07-09-10 08:33 AM
    Actually, I'm pretty sure the Tour came out in mid-July, so unless you somehow got an early release, you would still be within the year warranty for a couple more days.
    07-09-10 08:37 AM
    That's strange. I use DM every day and I've never had to input the device password on the device itself. Only on the prompt on my computer screen.

The only time I ever have to input the device password on the handheld is when you go to browse the memory card in mass storage mode.
    Not sure. I just know that when I tried to do the back-up it said the device was locked and I needed to unlock it. I thought it was going to be my solution, hooking it up to the DM was the first thing I did thinking I could enter password from computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-10 09:22 AM
    i know BBSAK asks for the password on the pc if you want to back up using that
    07-09-10 12:46 PM
    Any luck Boxes?
    07-09-10 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD