I have had the Tour for about 18 months, I recently had to have it replace under the service contract and I updated to the latest OS version and it has been a nightmare!

Since the update, the phone is constantly turning itself off or rebooting, when it reboots it puts itself into safe mode. when it is actually on and not in safe mode it freezes up so much that its barley useable.

who is making these phones and O/S's are they letting a bunch of fresh out of school trainees do it. its no wonder people are switching to other phones.

Sorry for the rant, had to vent since nobody at sprint can help.
    01-02-11 10:08 PM
    Both 983 and 1030 have had problems. You could go back to the 975 or load up a 975 hybrid from BBTweaks.com, which I'm currently running. It will fix all the problems you mentioned.
    01-03-11 08:28 AM
    I also was sent a replacement Tour just last week after using the same Tour for 18 months - the handset works fine though... I had been bracing myself for trouble thought... the Verizen store guy told me the Tour was not available any more when they determined it was dead and I needed a replacement. But when I phone Verizon Customer Service, they said they'd do a warranty replacement - with a TOUR?? I said how is that? They said, its not new, its been refurbished - Refurbs I guess can be a handset that worked perfectly fine, but someone opened up and just didnt like and returned it. OR, it could be a handset that someone returned becaue it was faulty or glitchy - they sort of refurb'd it by updating OS etc. and then send them out to guys like us as warranty replacements - you might have gotten a crappy one, typically Im the one with that problem but I got lucky this time.

HOWEVER, I do have a sync problem now!
    01-03-11 11:30 AM
    Here's my sync problem issue - until I got a replacement TOUR, I was able to sync my crackberry with Outlook on my Lap Top, then go to work and sync Outlook on my desktop computer with my phone - My schedule in Outlook Calendar would transfer to my desk top and vice versa. Now the new phone and new BlackBerry Desk Top Software (6.0.1.18) will not do this - my contacts sync, my tasks sync but the calander will not update... even when I change the oranizer data to go one way, from the Tour to Office Computer, it will not put the info from my phone onto the desktop outlook calendar!!! Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? Ive seen others complain about this release for one reason or another, not my issue though. Many responses suggest downgrading the Desk Top Software... Go back to the other version of Blackberry Desktop software I guess?
    01-03-11 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD