Is anybody using an unlocked BlackBerry Tour with AT&T service around here? Can you give me the pros and cons? What needs to be done as far as entering settings and the like?

I've been away from BlackBerry for a week, using an iPhone again...and I now remember vividly why I left the iPhone a while back!!! Ugh!!

Please help.
    08-05-09 07:41 AM
    Should be able to follow ptaylor's instructions for the Storm, everything will work fine but EDGE is as fast as u'll be able to go. No 3G. Also not sure how the Tour's radio will work on EDGE, but you can try it out and let us know... Ur gonna need to unlock the phone, and if you wont be using VZW, change out the service books to AT&T...
    08-05-09 07:46 AM
    Should be able to follow ptaylor's instructions for the Storm, everything will work fine but EDGE is as fast as u'll be able to go. No 3G. Also not sure how the Tour's radio will work on EDGE, but you can try it out and let us know... Ur gonna need to unlock the phone, and if you wont be using VZW, change out the service books to AT&T...
    I had actually forgotten that the Tour used Verizon EDVO and wouldn't be usable on AT&t's 3G network...and also that the Tour lacked WiFi. Guess I didn't do my homework.

Thanks!
    08-05-09 07:59 AM
    No, you just won't get 3G from what I understand. I think you can get 2G, though.
    08-05-09 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD