OK, so I've picked up my AT&T GoPhone Pay as You Go SIM card today, with 25 bucks, 3 dollars per day only when used. There is a $19.99 for 100MB data option. Has anyone used their Tour with an AT&T Pay as You Go plan with this data option?

Right now when I switch to GSM mode I only get "edge" no "EDGE" and browser doesn't work, no data seems to be going even though it says the standard plan includes $0.01 per kB.

I don't want to plop down $20 bux if it gets me nothing if you know what I mean...

EDIT: See below for update
    Last edited by gimpyviper; 07-28-09 at 05:59 PM.
    07-28-09 03:09 PM
    It's voice only no txts or mms

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 03:38 PM
    1. What are you trying to do? You had to get a data plan with Verizon...

2. In the US if you switch sim to GSM you'll only get edge (2G) speed.
    07-28-09 03:45 PM
    you need to get the att service books inorder for it to work...I just did this for mine. Look down a couple of post...

You'll see a thread ATT broswer not working....
    07-28-09 03:50 PM
    SO People are you using this on north am networks??
    07-28-09 03:52 PM
    Yes, north america networks. I switch to att when there's no vzw service

07-28-09 04:11 PM
    you need to get the att service books inorder for it to work...I just did this for mine. Look down a couple of post...

You'll see a thread ATT broswer not working....
    I saw your thread but I don't think that's the issue I'm having since I'm not receiving messages either

07-28-09 04:19 PM
    I guess I need to clear up what I'm asking about...

I have my BlackBerry Tour with Verizon BIS service. I've unlocked it and it works fine with AT&T and T-Mobile SIM cards for voice use. I would only use AT&T and T-Mobile when Verizon service wasn't available and AT&T or T-Mobile service was available.

Is it possible, has anyone been able to do this, where you have your Verizon BIS account, browser other data apps working through an AT&T or T-Mobile data connection on an Unlocked Tour?

I'm not looking to bring my Tour to AT&T or T-Mobile, I only want to use it on AT&T or T-Mobile when VZW has no service.
    07-28-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD