So I finally had enough of my trackball (couldn't play brick bricker for ****) and got a replacement coming tomorrow. Now I won an unlock code via a contest here a couple months ago. My question is when I do the device switch thing with desktop manager, will my new blackberry become unlocked? Should I keep my original sim card? My initial thought is that I am SOL. Yes I know that VZW gives out unlock codes for free, just curious for the sake of curiosity.
    11-10-09 09:33 PM
    dont keep the sim card.
    your new one will not be unlocked. same thing happened to me. oh well.
    11-11-09 06:34 AM
    Unlocking is device specific so unfortunately the replacement won't be unlocked. I think carrier unlock is having a sale on unlock codes for CB members for 4.99 each.
    11-11-09 08:52 AM
    Unlocking codes are generated from the IMEI number. Every phone has its own unique imei number so that means your new phone won't be unlocked.
    Glad you got a new phone though.
    11-11-09 12:16 PM
    Call Verizon Global Support and ask them for the unlock code. If your account is in good standing, they will give it to you with no questions asked. Do not use the SIM from your old device. It's useless, and should be returned with your current phone.
    11-11-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD