How do i know if my tour is unlocked or not?
    12-29-09 11:31 AM
    Put a sim card in from a different carrier and see if the phone works. Easiest way.
    12-29-09 11:33 AM
    Just bought a Sprint Tour 9630. Go to Options\Advanced Options\SIM Card. Type mepd. If Network is Disabled, phone is unlocked. If Network is Active, it needs to be unlocked.

Read somewhere on this forum that the newer Sprint Tours are all unlocked.

Hey coolguy78240 - found a battery for you and will be mailing it soon. I'm using it right now to make sure it works okay.
    Last edited by shfjcs; 12-29-09 at 11:56 AM.
    12-29-09 11:53 AM
    Just bought a Sprint Tour 9630. Go to Options\Advanced Options\SIM Card. Type mepd. If Network is Disabled, phone is unlocked. If Network is Active, it needs to be unlocked.

Read somewhere on this forum that the newer Sprint Tours are all unlocked.

Hey coolguy78240 - found a battery for you and will be mailing it soon. I'm using it right now to make sure it works okay.
    dude you rock, you still have my addy?
    12-29-09 12:38 PM
    dude you rock, you still have my addy?
    Yes - kept your return address label.

So, is your Tour unlocked?
    12-29-09 12:43 PM
    yes - kept your return address label.

So, is your tour unlocked?
    network says disabled so i guess so
    12-29-09 12:47 PM
    When my Verizon Tour 9630 is mepd'd, it reads -

Sim Disabled
    Network Active
    Network Subset Disabled
    Service provider Disabled
    Corporate Disabled

If I want to unlock it, what do I need to do??? Is there some advantage to unlocking it, if I don't travel out of CONUS???
    12-29-09 03:43 PM
    Ok right now your tour is locked to verizon meaning you can only use verizon service. Now if you unlock your phone you now have the capability to use att or tmobile service via a sim card. To get your phone unlocked you need to buy an unlock code. If you dont plan on international travel and plan on staying with verizon then no there is no benefit.

Hopefully that helped.
    12-29-09 03:56 PM
    When my Verizon Tour 9630 is mepd'd, it reads -

Sim Disabled
    Network Active
    Network Subset Disabled
    Service provider Disabled
    Corporate Disabled

If I want to unlock it, what do I need to do??? Is there some advantage to unlocking it, if I don't travel out of CONUS???
    If you're a active Verizon customer, they will give you the unlock code free. I read somewhere on this forum that they will do it once a year for active customers. They will walk you through it.

When I bought my Verizon Storm, the original owner had already discontinued his service and went to an iPhone (AT&T) so he could not get it for me. I purchased it from CellUnlock.net and they walked me through it. It was a bit different from unlocking older Curves and Pearls.

If you don't travel the only advantage of unlocking is to be able to sell it to someone like me who wants to use it on a GSM network like AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. It will be easier to sell it later.
    12-29-09 04:20 PM
    Ok right now your tour is locked to verizon meaning you can only use verizon service. Now if you unlock your phone you now have the capability to use att or tmobile service via a sim card. To get your phone unlocked you need to buy an unlock code. If you dont plan on international travel and plan on staying with verizon then no there is no benefit.

Hopefully that helped.
    Yes, sir, it did.

(I hope this is not a prohibited subject...)

If I did want to unlock it, and change to a different carrier, I'd need a different SIM card wouldn't I???
    12-29-09 04:23 PM
    Yes, sir, it did.

(I hope this is not a prohibited subject...)

If I did want to unlock it, and change to a different carrier, I'd need a different SIM card wouldn't I???
    Yes, you will need to get a SIM Card from the carrier of your choice.
    12-29-09 04:41 PM
    i called verizon and they basically told me that they won't unlock the phone. i paid some cat on ebay like $6 and in a matter of mins he sent me the code and instructions on how to unlock my phone. it was so easy. i just did it in case i want to sell it.

UNLOCK Code 4 Verizon Blackberry Storm 2 9530 Tour 9630 - eBay (item 110456972886 end time Jan-11-10 12:46:02 PST)
    12-29-09 05:07 PM
    We can unlock it just let us know.
    12-29-09 07:58 PM
    ok, I go to options>advanced options>sim card type in mepd and nothing happens. It works on my storms both the in use storm and the no used one. But bothe my tours nothing appears when I enter mepd.
    Last edited by abtjason; 05-22-10 at 06:08 PM.
    05-22-10 06:00 PM
    ok, I go to options>advanced options>sim card type in mepd and nothing happens. It works on my storms both the in use storm and the no used one. But bothe my tours nothing appears when I enter mepd.
    if i type mep2 it says enter network mep code (10 tries). Does this mean its not unlocked?
    05-22-10 06:12 PM
    No. That means that you need to enter the correct unlock code.

In order to see if the Tour is unlocked, you need to hold down the SHIFT key and type MEPD.
    05-22-10 06:20 PM
    No. That means that you need to enter the correct unlock code.

In order to see if the Tour is unlocked, you need to hold down the SHIFT key and type MEPD.
    Thank you, I entered the unlock code and now I can physically see its unlocked, thanks for the shift tip, thats what I was looking for.
    05-22-10 09:30 PM
    i just checked my U.S.Cellular 9630 is unlocked. thanks for telling how to check guy's it showed disable in all the lines.
    05-23-10 06:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD