Heres the thing. My old blackberry flip had a problem with bluetooth and I use it every when I'm driving in the car. Anways long story short they didnt want to replace my phone because they said they don't make it anymore and they didnt want to give me another one unless I signed a 2 year contract DATA plan. I've been with blackberry for about 4 years now (never was I required to purchase a data plan) started off with the original that didn't even have a color screen. Anyways they told me they would give me a brand new bold 9700 for free but I still have to pay the 30 dollar data plan. Didnt want the plan = couldn't get the phone. So I ended up buying one off ebay and I've been using it a couple days now.

Its a blackberry tour UNLOCKED... its originally for verizon. Okay so heres the thing I can use the phone for about a day and within that day I would get a message in the top right corner next to the bars it says 1xv (something like that) and it would show full bars. BUT heres the thing when I get that message my phone doesn't receive any text messages or phonecalls nor can I send out messages or calls. As soon as i pull out the battery and put it back in, it goes back to normal.

Would anyone know what the problem here is? is it because its unlocked that its doing so? and are other people that have unlocked ones having problems like this?

Thanks
    Last edited by chokeoloko; 10-12-10 at 01:42 AM.
    10-12-10 01:39 AM
    Go to Manage Connections>Mobile Network Options>and set Network Technology to GSM. See if that helps.
    10-12-10 02:30 AM
    when I set this there isn't a "SAVE" button that comes up... is this okay? If its okay then I guess I set it... let you know with 24 hours if it comes back or not.

Thanks!
    10-12-10 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD