I was sold my Tour after being assured I could use it on an upcoming trip to Italy with no problems.

Of course, there are problems.

I am currently in Italy, and I had no SIM card nor any use of my phone. I purchased as VodaPhone card for 20 euros, and now have a Italian tp# and unlimited data (a Blackberry promotion here, with a 20 euro credit and they debit your balance 3 euros a month for unlimited data).

I now have limited use of BBM, but can't add new BB PINS for adding the people in my group, and I do seem to be able to access the internet.

USCellular has sent me an unlock code (after assuring me now that my phone will NOT work here in Italy, as they have no tower agreement with any companies in Italy),

I have gone to Settings, Advanced Options, SIM Card. It says SIM Card: Security Disabled and then my ID number. I type in MEPD. The screen changes to Personalization (blank), SIM disabled, Network disabled, Network Subset disabled, Service Provider disabled, Corporate disabled.

I then type MEP2, and I get nothing. No prompt for the unlock code.

Help? I have very limited internet use from my hotel (they charge an arm and leg for internet service!) Thanks!
    06-03-10 06:32 AM
    Your device is already unlocked. (Note that it reads Network: Disabled) That's why nothing shows up when you type MEP2.

What is your network set to under Network Technology? Options > Mobile Network
    06-03-10 11:23 AM
    Thanks for the reply - I am truly not tech-savvy!

My Mobile Network is vodafone IT
    Network Selection Mod - Auto
    Network Technology - GSM/UMTS
    Network Mode - 3G & 2G
    06-03-10 03:14 PM
    Then the problem you are having is with the SIM card not with the device. Go back to wherever you got the card and have them check to be sure that the BlackBerry data is correctly set up.
    06-03-10 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD