My newest pet peave is getting quite annoying. Situation is as follows.... SMS chat (with latest BB Software on Verizon TOur) is a conversation window. SMS back and forth with Example..."CONTACT A". CONTACT A calls and leaves a voicemail. My Tour receives the usual Notification via text of NEW VOICEMAIL MESSAGE "FROM CONTACT A" press *86 to listen, or something like that. This message now displays in what WAS the sms conversation with CONTACT A. However I can no long input text after receieving this VM notificiation telling me CONTACT A left me a voicemail message. I dial in and listen, and delete id thats the case, the voicemail in my inbox. I still cannot input text in the SMS chat with Contact A. I try to delete the sole message with the vm notification but its unsuccessful. Scrolling up in the conversation there are numerous notificiation types of this voicemail. My only option in order to continue SMS chat with CONTACT A is to delete the entire conversation and start from scratch by creating an new sms message AFTER deleting the conversation, something i dont want to do. Any ideas??
    Forgot to mention, the Conversation details in the SMS chat change from the name "CONTACT A" to "Voicemail".
    Last edited by dgm718; 06-13-10 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Added Info
    06-13-10 03:04 PM
    I myself have had this issues for months, essentially ever since I upgraded to 5.0. Thought I was the only one.

The only solution I've found is to delete the past SMS chat history with that contact, and then start a SMS thread fresh. Annoying and this shouldn't be necessary, not to mention it takes some serious time when all you want to do is send a quick SMS.

Hoping my upgrade today to 5.0.0.732 will solve this issue.
    06-15-10 11:21 AM
    I *just* posted a new thread which includes this issue. I had seen this on the Tour 9630 as soon as I updated its OS to the official .591 release several months ago. Having to delete entire SMS threads (and thereby lose documentation of business conversations) was a dealbreaker for me, so I immediately rolled back to the 4.7 OS. The thread I just posted includes this issue among a few others that I'm hoping people can comment on after they update to .732. Personally, I can't take the time to do the update, test the OS, and then possibly have to roll back again. But yes, this was a known OS 5 issue for some users.

If you have a moment, please go to the thread at http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/do...issues-483682/, which discusses this issue as well as a couple of other specific issues as well.
    Last edited by RTGMusicMan; 06-15-10 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Added Link
    06-15-10 11:38 AM
    I *just* posted a new thread which includes this issue. I had seen this on the Tour 9630 as soon as I updated its OS to the official .591 release several months ago. Having to delete entire SMS threads (and thereby lose documentation of business conversations) was a dealbreaker for me, so I immediately rolled back to the 4.7 OS. The thread I just posted includes this issue among a few others that I'm hoping people can comment on after they update to .732. Personally, I can't take the time to do the update, test the OS, and then possibly have to roll back again. But yes, this was a known OS 5 issue for some users.

If you have a moment, please go to the thread at http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/do...issues-483682/, which discusses this issue as well as a couple of other specific issues as well.
    You really summed it up well here:

2) In .591, voicemail notifications were threaded into the SMS conversation corresponding to the phone number of the person who left the voicemail. Once this happened, it completely disabled the ability to send an SMS to that person. The only way to restore the ability to SMS that person was to delete the *entire* thread.

Don't really have time to test this today but hopefully within a day or two we'll all know if .732 fixes this issue or not.
    06-15-10 11:52 AM
    The VZW .pdf says this:
    " Open voice-mail messages from the text message application
    with no issues."

I don't know if that means it's fixed, but I sure hope so.
    06-15-10 12:39 PM
    I just had someone call me and leave a VM that I have been texting. For this person, it put the voicemail in a different thread. Lets hope it's this way for all of them.
    06-15-10 12:48 PM
    I just had someone call me and leave a VM that I have been texting. For this person, it put the voicemail in a different thread. Lets hope it's this way for all of them.
    I just had a friend test it and I'm now seeing the same as you: the VM's are a separate thread. Example below:
    06-15-10 01:03 PM
    I just had a friend test it and I'm now seeing the same as you: the VM's are a separate thread. Example below:
    Killer!!!!!
    06-15-10 01:06 PM
    That would be fantastic if it's really fixed. I'm going to give it a few more days for more people to weigh in before I jump on it.
    06-15-10 11:12 PM
    That would be fantastic if it's really fixed. I'm going to give it a few more days for more people to weigh in before I jump on it.
    probably a good idea and it couldn't hurt. reply on top of this thread in a few days and i'll give you an update on my experiences if you'd like.
    06-16-10 06:09 AM
    Sweet good news. I just updated to the latest version after Verizon coincidentally emailed me the day after I posted this thread. I dont know what the latest software really updates/fixes but HOPEFULLY this will be one of them.
    06-16-10 11:07 PM
    OK, just out of curiosity, but do you guys with this problem by any chance have a Contact entry with your own phone number listed in it? If you do, DELETE IT! That's most likely what's causing this perticular bug to show up.
    06-17-10 01:24 AM
    OK, just out of curiosity, but do you guys with this problem by any chance have a Contact entry with your own phone number listed in it? If you do, DELETE IT! That's most likely what's causing this perticular bug to show up.
    Good question - and that certainly would seem like an obvious cause of the problem. Yes, I do have a Contact entry with my own phone number listed in it (in fact, there may be more than one). However, when I first experienced this issue in .591, I wanted to try to isolate it and see why I was experiencing it, and a few other people were experiencing it, but the majority of users were not. So I re-wiped the device, re-installed .591, *did not* restore any address books, calendars, apps, etc., and tested the issue on a "clean" .591 by texting a few people (I had to enter their phone numbers manually since there were no contact entries), asking them to text me back, and asking them to also leave me voicemails. Within 30 minutes I was able to "break" SMS/VM again, even with no contact entries and no previous SMS database.

Based on what I'm seeing on other threads now regarding BlueTooth volume, along with the fact that there's no option to go back to the old non-threaded SMS format, it looks like I'll be avoiding .732 as well.
    06-17-10 09:11 AM
    There has to be something unique about the people experiencing this that's not hardware or software specific. So, next question... Are the people experiencing this issue by any chance Alltel converts? If so, then you can blame the voicemail subsystem that Alltel had and blame Verizon for not migrating you over properly.

One thing that stands out is the fact that the screen shots depicting this problem shows "FAX" as one of the notification counters in the VM texts. That's not VZW standard on BB based on what I've seen so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 06:33 AM
    I'm on VZW and I had this issue when I "upgraded" to .591

.732 seemed to fix it, but I've only had it on for a few days.
    06-19-10 03:08 PM
    I have had the person who left the voicemail simply send me a text and the box will show up again.. easier that deleting contact information... Hope that helps..
    06-19-10 05:21 PM
    Anyone with the upgrade (.732) notice if this issue was fixed? I just upgraded Saturday and I have not received any voice mail to see if it is fixed. Just curious. It's been happening to me since the last upgrade that gave me the threaded SMS and it's been really annoying. Thanks.
    06-21-10 06:55 PM
    I also experienced this issue with 5.0.0.591, and I also have a contact that has my own number in it.

But I really rely on that contact because it's the only way I know of to give me a shortcut to paste-in my own data someplace, ie if I want to email myself, or recognize my own number/address in logs or something. (Does anyone have any better ideas for those things?)
    06-21-10 11:14 PM
    Has the .732 fixed the issue with the inability to text back people that leave you voicemails? It's so frustrating !!!! Are there anymore issues with the upgrade?
    06-24-10 07:14 PM
    My newest pet peave is getting quite annoying. Situation is as follows.... SMS chat (with latest BB Software on Verizon TOur) is a conversation window. SMS back and forth with Example..."CONTACT A". CONTACT A calls and leaves a voicemail. My Tour receives the usual Notification via text of NEW VOICEMAIL MESSAGE "FROM CONTACT A" press *86 to listen, or something like that. This message now displays in what WAS the sms conversation with CONTACT A. However I can no long input text after receieving this VM notificiation telling me CONTACT A left me a voicemail message. I dial in and listen, and delete id thats the case, the voicemail in my inbox. I still cannot input text in the SMS chat with Contact A. I try to delete the sole message with the vm notification but its unsuccessful. Scrolling up in the conversation there are numerous notificiation types of this voicemail. My only option in order to continue SMS chat with CONTACT A is to delete the entire conversation and start from scratch by creating an new sms message AFTER deleting the conversation, something i dont want to do. Any ideas??
    Forgot to mention, the Conversation details in the SMS chat change from the name "CONTACT A" to "Voicemail".

It worked! Lastest upgrad to 5.007 did the trick. Get a seperate notification now with Voicemail and the person who left it with no interference so an sms conversation. Don't notice any other difference in the verizon tour update but glad it fixed the glitch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD