Alright I'm new to BB and to this site, however I'm pretty good with figuring out and troubleshooting issues, only this one has me completely stumped. I've searched all over the forums and the internet for an answer to no avail.

I set up my gmail to work with my BB, was working fine about three or four hours ago... then it just stopped. I get sent a new email and I get absolutely nothing, I've tried going into the setup> email settings, but everytime I get the error "your device had a problem connecting to the server" I've done a battery pull tried checking if everything was allowed in the options... nothing is working.

does anyone have an ideas about what the problem is? If something as simple as email that worked on my ENV2 can't work on a BB then there is something wrong. heh... and no audible caller ID readout. great phone, just certain ideal features seem to be missing.
    10-03-09 03:15 AM
    I'm unable to receive any emails as of this moment as well. I get the same message when going into setup/email settings. I believe the BB servers must be down or something as I have heard of this happening before. I'd give it an hour or two or just see what it's doing in the morning. Should be back up shortly.
    10-03-09 03:24 AM
    Alright, hopefully that is the problem.
    10-03-09 03:34 AM
    BIS going from 2.7 to 2.8 I believe. VZW was supposed to be effected from 2am eastern to 6am eastern. Probably the others will be about the same I would imagine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 03:44 AM
    BIS going from 2.7 to 2.8 I believe. VZW was supposed to be effected from 2am eastern to 6am eastern. Probably the others will be about the same I would imagine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That completely makes sense as this seemed to start about 11 am pt. Thanks for the update.
    10-03-09 03:56 AM
    10-03-09 04:00 AM
    that does seem to have been the problem. thanks for the help
    10-03-09 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD