So I was given a toir without charger and everything soo I'm using a bluetooth usb charger and I also have a usb cable that plugs into a wall outlet well my phone isn't charging sometimes and dies quickly and the bt charger let's it stay alive but as soon as I take it off the phone turns oFf so..... Does it count volts wise when charging this paperwieght or my phone is just dumb? Anyone have problems like this? Where do I get a house charger for this phone and what's the cost?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 02:46 AM
    So I was given a toir without charger and everything soo I'm using a bluetooth usb charger and I also have a usb cable that plugs into a wall outlet well my phone isn't charging sometimes and dies quickly and the bt charger let's it stay alive but as soon as I take it off the phone turns oFf so..... Does it count volts wise when charging this paperwieght or my phone is just dumb? Anyone have problems like this? Where do I get a house charger for this phone and what's the cost?

you can get a new charger from ebay for relatively cheap. 10 bucks and under. Never heard of BT usb chargers. it may not be charging because they aren't blackberry chargers? just a thought.
    03-04-10 03:18 AM
    could be a bad battery too, or a bad connection in the USB plug itself. I'd say order a Blackberry charger, and in the meantime plug your tour into whichever charger works best... and let it charge for 12 to 24 hours before touching it....
    03-04-10 08:19 AM
    you can get a new charger from ebay for relatively cheap. 10 bucks and under. Never heard of BT usb chargers. it may not be charging because they aren't blackberry chargers? just a thought.
    I think the OP means a charger that came with a bluetooth headset. It should work the same though, it's still a charger, so I don't know what the deal is. Possibly a bad battery like the last poster mentioned.
    03-04-10 09:36 AM
    To me it sounds like an issue with the phone itself not the charger.
    03-04-10 09:39 AM
    Well I know for the few BT headsets that I have had, the output of these chargers is very low. Compare 150mA from a Motorola BT charger to the 800mA of the BB charger. So its gonna take a lot longer to charge if it can charge at all with the phone itself turned on.

03-04-10 09:55 AM
    Well I know for the few BT headsets that I have had, the output of these chargers is very low. Compare 150mA from a Motorola BT charger to the 800mA of the BB charger. So its gonna take a lot longer to charge if it can charge at all with the phone itself turned on.

This is true. One of the first days I had my Tour I accidently plugged it into my BT charger and then wondered why it didn't seem to charge and the battery was so low the next day. When i got back home and looked I realized what I had done and I am now carefull not to make this mistake again. I haven't had any problems since. I don't believe the BT charge puts out enough to work well with your phone. I would order a new charger.
    03-04-10 12:12 PM
    this is an issue i would catch quite often while working as a cell salesman.

anymore, most models are using the more "universal" charging ports, which are mini- and micro-usb style. motorola, lg, blackberry, kyocera, and many others currently use micro-usb charging ports on their phones. however, as was posted earlier, these devices all require a charger that outputs a specific voltage and amperage. if the charger's output amperage is, say, half what the battery is rated for, it will take twice as long to charge. if the voltage is too low or too high, the charger may damage the device or not charge it at all.

a usb cable that's plugged into a computer will normally provide an adequate charging voltage to a cellphone, so if you have a regular usb-to-micro cable laying around, you could use it to charge your phone instead. it may take a bit longer, but it will do the trick.
    03-04-10 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD