lol, i cant believe no one has done this.

one small piece of double sided tape, on both edges of the phone. im talking 1-2mm wide, the whole length of the side of the cover on each side. makes it a bit harder to take off. but if u get high quality tape, and cut it nice and small, youll get an absolutely solid battery cover, and it wont be too hard to take the cover off. If you need pictures i can take some.
    08-04-09 12:14 AM
    Make a tutorial with pictures. Visual is always better.
    08-04-09 12:16 AM
    Nice fix, but I am still a supporter of the "it should be good from the factory and not jerry rigged to fit" club

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 12:21 AM
    ill get on it, need some sleep right now, so ill do it tomorrow

Nice fix, but I am still a supporter of the "it should be good from the factory and not jerry rigged to fit" club
    same lol, which is why i took it back, but after the telus guy had opened the 3rd tour, after the other 2 werent up to what i wanted. and the only thing wrong with it was a little give in the battery cover, i felt bad to ask for another one.
    08-04-09 12:21 AM
    just get a case and all the woes are gone. but please do post step by step pictures. thank you.
    08-04-09 12:59 AM
    isnt there a huge thread of a DIY w/ electric tape somewhere?

i couldn'tfind it with search, if anyone knows where it is, link please?
    08-04-09 01:04 AM
    08-04-09 01:15 AM
    I fixed mine using double sided poster tape. Tried the electric tape method first but I couldn't find a combination that would fix the gap on all three sides. The poster tape isn't permanent so you can still take the battery door off if needed. When you remove the backing from the tape it leaves a very thin layer of adhesive that holds the door flush to the phone. If for some reason you start to miss your wobbly, creaky battery door, it peels away pretty easily. Re-fixed mine and snapped a few pics. Forgot to take a before pic but the last two show how it fits after the fix. No making fun of my pearl wrist strap. lol
    08-04-09 01:52 AM
    great post..thanks for the info
    08-04-09 04:46 AM
    i tried the electical post and it did make the phone feel more solid and stopped the battery from moving. but it also gave the phone a slight gap, which is a problem now when typing in the keys...they are spongy.

does this fix still allow the keys to type normal?
    08-04-09 08:22 AM
    I used the blue poster putty stuff. Works like a charm, makes opening the back a little tough but oh well. I will keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't somehow liquefy and get inside the phone, but for now I'm happy with it.
    08-04-09 08:29 AM
    I've tried three different fixes including this one and so far this one works the best in that it makes it feel like it should with no wiggle and no gap.
    Feels much more solid when just holding it and definitley when typing.
    08-04-09 08:42 AM
    I did this two weeks ago and my thread was edited and locked by a mod.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by EvolutionGSR; 08-04-09 at 09:08 AM.
    08-04-09 09:05 AM
    Hmm looks like a great fix might try this if my electrical tape dies on me ps i love that verizon? battery cover way better than the fingerprint magnet they gave to telus
    08-04-09 09:14 AM
    I did this as well, carpet tape or grip tape works fantastic as well. Only problem is it's shot if you have to do a battery pull. But thats why you buy a whole roll! Great fix!
    08-04-09 10:02 AM
    Hopefully RIM will settle something.
    08-04-09 10:13 AM
    I think the real question here is where did you get the sweet blackberry lanyard?

I gotta get me one of those!

Nice fix though.. I'll have to give it a shot if my door ever starts to move around on me.
    08-04-09 11:17 AM
    This fix works well. I also tried the 12 strip thick scotch tape on the back of the battery and this fix is much better. Thanks for the pics and how to info.
    08-04-09 07:39 PM
    Looks great!!! BTW I like the pearl wrist strap
    08-04-09 07:53 PM
    Good Call man, works like a charm....I must to compliment on the strap dont know why, really sets that beautiful BB off!
    08-04-09 08:03 PM
    I got the wrist strap from ebay for $7 bucks shipped. It came with a black and a red one. I accidently left the red one in the box with my first Tour that I had to exchange. *sigh
    08-04-09 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD