A week out and it's still not listed in their phones section? Why not?
    07-05-09 09:39 PM
    Could it be because of all the free press and hype about it? I mean why pay someone to update the site, when cb does it for free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 09:42 PM
    Its crazy becuase you still have reps at the stores who are clueless. I asked a rep at a local store if they will have the Tour on the 12th, and she looked at me as if I was speaking a language that she never heard before.
    07-05-09 09:47 PM
    Could it be because of all the free press and hype about it? I mean why pay someone to update the site, when cb does it for free.

Huh???? It kind of needs to be on the website if we're going to order it online.
    07-05-09 11:21 PM
    The guy over at the Inside Sprint blog (who was wrong on the release date, btw) said something interesting about the Pre launch...

Seems that Sprint may be in the habit of releasing phones on Telesales at the open of business on the Thursday prior to launch. Not sure if this would apply, but might be interesting to see...

Palm Pre Release Date Quickie � Inside Sprint Now
    07-05-09 11:27 PM
    The guy over at the Inside Sprint blog (who was wrong on the release date, btw) said something interesting about the Pre launch...

Seems that Sprint may be in the habit of releasing phones on Telesales at the open of business on the Thursday prior to launch. Not sure if this would apply, but might be interesting to see...

Palm Pre Release Date Quickie � Inside Sprint Now
    What is telesales and what's the difference from just ordering on their website?
    07-05-09 11:30 PM
    I'm not a Sprint customer, but I guess Telesales is calling 1-800-SPRINT-1 and ordering the phone. From the blog post though, it implies that all direct ship channels (including, presumably the web site)...

I am copying from his site here:

"The launch date for devices is generally on a Sunday for retail – but you must also remember that these devices are always available via direct ship channels (i.e. Telesales) on the Thursday before."
    07-05-09 11:34 PM
    What are you guys talking about....Sprint NEVER post a phone up on it site before its release date...You will see the Tour up and ready to go on the 12th...Sprint doesnt do the Pre-Release ordering....

Beside Sprint has an AD on the site that cycles, verfiying that you'll be able to order it on the 12th...

Cool you jets...As long as we can get it on the 12th is all that matters.
    07-06-09 01:23 AM
    What are you guys talking about....Sprint NEVER post a phone up on it site before its release date...You will see the Tour up and ready to go on the 12th...Sprint doesnt do the Pre-Release ordering....

Beside Sprint has an AD on the site that cycles, verfiying that you'll be able to order it on the 12th...

Cool you jets...As long as we can get it on the 12th is all that matters.
    Good to know. I figured they'd at least have it up there, even if you can't preorder. I never noticed any ads though.
    07-06-09 08:02 AM
    Does Sprint plan on putting the Tour on their site ever? I think I'm going to sign off until the Tour becomes available, and then wait out 3 more weeks after.
    07-06-09 08:05 AM
    Does Sprint plan on putting the Tour on their site ever? I think I'm going to sign off until the Tour becomes available, and then wait out 3 more weeks after.
    Uhm, isn't this question the point of this whole thread? Why are you asking it again?
    07-06-09 08:10 AM
    Uhm, isn't this question the point of this whole thread? Why are you asking it again?
    LOL it was sarcasm..

You'll see the phone up on the 12th.. Sprint doesn't do preorders besides even if you order today or the 12th you're not going to get the phone till the 14th
    07-06-09 09:01 AM
    LOL it was sarcasm..

You'll see the phone up on the 12th.. Sprint doesn't do preorders besides even if you order today or the 12th you're not going to get the phone till the 14th
    Oh I see.
    07-06-09 09:05 AM
    Agreed, besides Sprint no longer has the customer base that VZW has, nor is the 9630 going to be a "push-to-talk" device, which has been Sprint's claim to fame since the acquisition of Nextel. No need to hype a device that most Sprint customers either don't need or aren't really looking forward to.
    07-06-09 09:07 AM
    Agreed, besides Sprint no longer has the customer base that VZW has, nor is the 9630 going to be a "push-to-talk" device, which has been Sprint's claim to fame since the acquisition of Nextel. No need to hype a device that most Sprint customers either don't need or aren't really looking forward to.
    Why would Verizon customers be looking forward to it more? If anything, they already have a wider selection of phones to choose from. And it's not just because the Storm sucks and they want something new and better, because in Sprint's case, the only recent BB offering it has is the Curve.
    07-06-09 09:09 AM
    Oh I see.
    heh my bad i figured you got it but wasn't sure..
    07-06-09 09:16 AM
    Given that the thread is a Sprint website question....

We at Sprint, will continue to thank you for your ongoing interest in all-things Sprint.

Now, I am sure, that since you pay 60% more money for less service, that you must feel the need to troll, goad, irritate and poke jibes at Sprint, its employees and its customers in some pathetic self justification, but.. its ok... really.. honest..

We can laugh all the way to the bank

07-06-09 09:23 AM
    Umm...what the heck are you talking about? Your post was inaccurate on sooo many levels...lol

07-06-09 12:28 PM
    Just remind the Verizon trolls that we're getting the phone first. It's only a day earlier but we're getting it first and that just bug the ****e out of them.

It's fun to bust their bubbles.
    07-06-09 01:18 PM
    Hhaha...maybe sprint is fooling us..maybe it is comn out in aug or sept..lol

07-06-09 01:21 PM
    Its crazy becuase you still have reps at the stores who are clueless. I asked a rep at a local store if they will have the Tour on the 12th, and she looked at me as if I was speaking a language that she never heard before.
    lol....so funny! i had the same problem with a sprint phone rep.
    i asked about the tour, and she had no idea about it!!!!
    c'mon lady....get with the program.
    07-06-09 01:53 PM
    Why would Verizon customers be looking forward to it more? If anything, they already have a wider selection of phones to choose from. And it's not just because the Storm sucks and they want something new and better, because in Sprint's case, the only recent BB offering it has is the Curve.
    The latest BB that Sprint offers is the 8830 World Phone. It lacks a camera and wi-fi(correct me if i'm wrong), but I'm pretty sure that's it. It's about time that the Tour came out.
    07-06-09 02:57 PM
    The latest BB that Sprint offers is the 8830 World Phone. It lacks a camera and wi-fi(correct me if i'm wrong), but I'm pretty sure that's it. It's about time that the Tour came out.
    The Nextel 8350i Curve is the most recent, the 8330 Curve before that, and the 8830 before it.
    07-06-09 03:08 PM
    Just remind the Verizon trolls that we're getting the phone first. It's only a day earlier but we're getting it first and that just bug the ****e out of them.

It's fun to bust their bubbles.
    I thought both VZW and Sprint were getting it on the 12th?
    07-06-09 03:09 PM
    I thought both VZW and Sprint were getting it on the 12th?
    They are getting it both on the 12th but what was found out is if SPRINT's phones come out on Sunday then you can call Sprint on the Thursday before and therefore Sprints customers would get the phone first. I still dont think that you will get it before the 14th though.
    07-06-09 06:13 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD