So I bought my Tour on October 2, and now that the Curve2 is coming out in a few weeks (I have Verizon, btw.) I feel like I should have waited and that now Blackberry is making all the changes in the new phones and Tour will be stuck with the last of the old stuff (i.e. WiFi, trackpad...). Anyone else feel this way, or anyone able to talk me out of taking my Tour back and waiting?
    10-28-09 09:28 AM
    I just got my Tour last week and I have no intention of returning it for a Curve. The Tour does everything I need it to and then some. I can't imagine returning it for something else. Thats crazy talk! :-)

I will say I know nothing of the Curve.
    10-28-09 09:29 AM
    All I know of the Curve is that is is going to have WiFi (which isn't too big of a deal for me, I don't go on the internet all that much that it would bother me) but it has the trackpad rather than the trackball.

I just feel that the Tour was the "last of it's kind" almost if that makes sense.
    10-28-09 09:33 AM
    So I bought my Tour on October 2, and now that the Curve2 is coming out in a few weeks (I have Verizon, btw.) I feel like I should have waited and that now Blackberry is making all the changes in the new phones and Tour will be stuck with the last of the old stuff (i.e. WiFi, trackpad...). Anyone else feel this way, or anyone able to talk me out of taking my Tour back and waiting?
    You are an adult, decide if you like the Tour or not. If you feel like you NEED WiFi and a trackpad, go for it. If not keep the Tour. I personally love my Tour. I don't NEED WiFi or a trackpad. If down the road I feel the need to get a Curve II I will. For now though I am extremely content with my Tour.
    10-28-09 09:35 AM
    I was asking because I don't know all the specs or how well the Curve was/Curve 2 will be, but thanks for your input.
    10-28-09 09:41 AM
    i heard the Curve2 was slated more at the bargain-end of things...the Tour is top of the line with the C2 being entry level

I have the Tour, and I would never downgrade it
    10-28-09 09:43 AM
    i love my tour!!! and i'm like methalius..i dont need a trackpad or wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 09:43 AM
    i wouldnt swap the keyboard on my tour for a curve style...
    10-28-09 09:44 AM
    You guys are making me feel better already lol

I didn't know the Curve2 was going to be a lower end device. I'm super new to Blackberrys so this is all new info!

Do any of you guys feel the same in that the Tour is "the last of it's kind" persay with regards to the trackpad, wifi, etc...?
    10-28-09 09:54 AM
    I love my Tour. The only thing that would get me wanting more, right now, is if you could use wi-Fi on VZW to make calls (UTM , UTA, I forget what it is called), but right now, you cannot on verizon. It would be nice also from the simultaneous data/voice perspective, but againm not a deal killer for me.

The Tour is the first phone I had to pay more than a few dollars for and I am quite happy with it.
    10-28-09 09:58 AM
    I had the new Curve 8520 on Tmobile for only 1 week.

The device feels cheap but will say is solid for a plastic phone. The chicklet keys are creaky like all other Curves. The music and mute/standby buttons on top were a nice touch. Loved the trackball too.

Went to Sprint, well Best Buy since Sprint stores are moronic and wouldn't price match (maybe thats why there store was empty ) and got the 9630 Tour.

Point being you won't miss the wifi since Verizon/Sprint have great data 3G coverage throughout the states.

I don't miss the trackpad really..even though it was nice.

Keep your Tour. You'll have a better, brighter high res screen and a keypad that is a joy to use.
    10-28-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD