Phone- Tour 9630
    SW 5.0.0.484
    Network- Sprint

A while back people I would text with would tell me my text looked funny and wanted to know what all the junk was in the txt? The problem has gotten worse and worse to where I am afraid to use txt now!

At first the txt would have odd characters plugged in like #$%#@&*#, etc. Then they became truncated and a whole string of junk like that on the end rather then what I wrote. Now it is even worse! If I have txt msgs in my inbox from 3 or 4 different people...it will cross text! Yes, I can type a txt message to one person and it may cut part of it off and pull some of the text I sent to another person and drop it into the text I just sent! It still does plug in funky jibberish characters in the middle or end of the text too. A couple examples:

I sent a message to my boss about my success in selling 4 systems last week. Then I texted a buddy (who also happens to be a competitor) about getting together for a drink. Well...my text to him was cut off and part of what I text to my boss was dropped into the text to the competitor! Like cross talk...it is cross texting!

Then I sent a long text to my son and the second half of the text was cut off...just truncated right out. I did NOT go over the 160 characters either.

I called Sprint and they reset the application, but the problem still exists. I did not have this problem till I went to .484 and not even right away after I upgraded. Is anyone else seeing this problem? Any suggestions?
    03-15-10 11:42 AM
    You might try backing it up, doing a wipe and reinstalling the OS. I guess I knew .419 allegedly did the cross text thing but didn't realize the Sprint .484 does also.

Did you wipe before you installed this last time or no? I've had fairly good luck just wiping every time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 01:16 PM
    I agree. Something sounds very fishy about your OS.

Did you get the upgrade (5.0.0.484) from a trusted site, and not just a leak you found online somewhere? And as the previous poster claimed, did you backup first, wipe, install the new OS, re-install your apps, then restore the data for those? Notice I didn't say to restore the apps and data together. That's where problems occur.

I've never wiped before installing a hybrid and have not had one problem. I always use the 5.0.0.419 base, save that JAVA folder for later, then install the new hybrid on my laptop letting it overwrite whatever it needs to overwrite. That way if things go horribly wrong, I have the original JAVA folder to fall back on.

I fully realize that you're not using a hybrid as I am, but I know from experience that if you just install a new OS on top of what's already in there to begin with, it's asking for problems, as sometimes (but rarely) things do go wrong.

What concerns me the most with your problem, is the fact that "cross-talk" is occurring. That sets off every red flag in my mind, not knowing what other kind of data from your phone is being sent to who knows where and for what purpose.

Save your contact list, your data from your apps and whatever other critical information you need, then wipe that phone clean and start fresh. Yeah, it's a pain to reinstall everything, but the data from your apps and contact list is saved to easily restore.

One more thing...starting with a clean install takes longer to do than trying to isolate the problem you're having, but almost guarantees fixing the issue the first time.
    03-15-10 02:07 PM
    Cross Texting? Sometime Back I Read A Thread Here On Crackberry About Some People Having This Cross Texting Issue On .419

Yet Again, I've Been Running .419 Since It Was Approved By Some Carriers And Never Ran Into This Cross Texting Problem.

Like The Other Users Above Me Wrote, I Would Also Recommend Doing A FRESH OS Install, Meaning Wiping Your Phone Completely. When A New OS Leaks Out Or Is Given The "Gold Code" I Use Jl_cmder And Use The Wipe Option (Option 4), It Bricks Your Phone On Purpose But It Gives You A Chance To Install A New OS On A Wiped Blackberry.

Give It A Try, And Be Sure To Report Back If Your Still Having The Same Texting Issue

Download Site For Jl_cmder: JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility
    Last edited by TannerSD398; 03-15-10 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Typo.
    03-15-10 02:20 PM
    Thank you guys for the feedback! I just started using the Blackberry 6 mos ago...I had a Treo for 5 years before that. Love the Blackberry...but not the trackball or this problem.

I do not have that many applications on mine, so wiping it clean and starting fresh sounds like a great fix. How do I do that? Any help would be GREAT!

Also, I just found Crackberry in the last week as someone told me about it last weekend. So I have not downloaded any leaked OS. The OS on mine came right from my online Blackberry manager. One day it checked for updates while Syncing and did about 15 major updates all at one time.

Ready to wipe it clean and start over...help!

Thanks!!!
    03-15-10 02:28 PM
    BerryWriter...I discovered that! Thank you!

Great site...glad someone pointed me to it last weekend.
    03-16-10 07:43 AM
    sometimes when i send emails it comes out as jibberish and it doesn't happen often. i have no idea why. did i miss reading the cause on this thread?
    07-26-10 12:07 PM
    There may be something wrong with your OS, I am currently running .484 and didn't have this issue. I did however have this problem with .419

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-10 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD