is there an app that makes it easier to turn the bluetooth on and off? i know its not a huge issue but its just annoying to have to go through all of the options to get to the bluetooth menu. wouldnt it be great to have an app to turn the bluetooth ON or turn the bluetooth OFF?

is there such an app?
    08-25-09 06:52 PM
    Uhh you could just...leave it on?

Easiest way to get to it is Manage Connections > Uncheck Bluetooth. Honestly is the same speed as any application would be able to do it.
    08-25-09 06:56 PM
    I agree with the OP. This would be a great and SIMPLE! app. They have this on Google G1 and its very useful. It would make things a bit easier for those who use bluetooth headsets and want to switch bluetooth on and off easily...... err easier!
    08-25-09 08:55 PM
    I agree with the OP. This would be a great and SIMPLE! app. They have this on Google G1 and its very useful. It would make things a bit easier for those who use bluetooth headsets and want to switch bluetooth on and off easily...... err easier!
    absolutely! sometimes i use the car bt and sometimes i use my jawbone and sometimes i would rather use the handset. it just makes it easier to be able to turn it on and off with one keystroke!

UGH!
    08-25-09 10:53 PM
    I have the Bluetooth options as the first item in my Quicklaunch menu, so it saves a few clicks for me to toggle mine on and off.
    08-25-09 11:19 PM
    Simple no. You'd think, but no.

RIM API does not allocate functionality to enable and disable bluetooth via an application. This is probably for security measures.

The best that could be done is an app to open up the bluetooth config for you, but that's kind of pointless.

It MAY be possible using keystroke injection in an application, but keystroke injection isn't going to work on all devices, especially those on BES with a properly configured policy.

Sorry, not SIMPLE!
    08-25-09 11:24 PM
    Why not just assign Manage Connections to a convenience key. Thats what I do - it's pretty fast
    08-26-09 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD