is there a way to temporarily disable SMS so they dont appear on my phone then i can turn it on again later?
    10-23-09 08:31 PM
    I believe if you do this it SHOULD work.

You can block PIN, SMS, and MMS messages from going through by going OPTIONS > SECURITY OPTIONS > FIREWALL - then check off all or one box.
    10-23-09 08:40 PM
    Good answer, but, as I understand it, SMS messages blocked by the firewall will not be viewable at all. So, if you wanted to go back and read messages received later you wouldn't be able to.

If you still want to receive them you can change your alert settings not to notify you when new messages come in. I don't know if you can do anything about that unread message icon, but you can at least turn off the sound/vibrate for them.

I highly recommend learning how to create your own custom profiles if you haven't already.
    10-23-09 08:44 PM
    what do you mean make my own profile. sorry im very much a noob of the bb. just got it a few days ago.
    10-23-09 08:56 PM
    Profile is basically the setting of phone alerts such as Vibrate, Silent, Medium, Normal, Phone Only.

If you go to BB menu and click profile you can create your own profile. There you can chose each program and how you wanted to be alreated. For example for SMS you can put mute, or like 3 vibrate then sound. Its up to you.

When you said you want to not gets SMS meaning not the alerts or no messages at all?
    10-23-09 09:01 PM
    no alerts whatsoever. and i cant find profile. i hit BB key then looked for profile.
    10-23-09 09:05 PM
    Look for "Sounds" it's a picture of a speaker.
    10-23-09 09:08 PM
    Also, from home screen on the title bar on top you seen a picture of a speaker top left corner? Scroll up to that. It's the same thing just up there...
    10-23-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD