When I type in MEPD the screen says:
    SIM---DISABLED
    NETWORK---INACTIVE
    NETWORK SUBSET---DISABLED
    SERVICE PROVIDER---DISABLED
    CORPORATE---DISABLED

when I type in MEP2 or MEPPD nothing happens and the screen for me to unlock my phone does not appear. PLEASE HELP!!!
    03-07-10 10:15 PM
    and it's a verizon phone
    03-07-10 10:19 PM
    From what I understand, if it says inactive or disabled everywhere then your phone is already unlocked.
    03-07-10 10:29 PM
    Pretty sure your phone is already unlocked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 07:13 AM
    When I type in MEPD the screen says:
    SIM---DISABLED
    NETWORK---INACTIVE
    CORPORATE---DISABLED

when I type in MEP2 or MEPPD nothing happens and the screen for me to unlock my phone does not appear. PLEASE HELP!!!
    Your Blackberry is already unlocked.

NETWORK---INACTIVE means it's unlocked.
    03-08-10 09:59 AM
    i purchased a brand new tour a bit ago and just recently i wanted to get it unlocked and when i checked it was already unlocked, also someone told me alot of sprint tours come already unlocked. not sure tho
    03-08-10 01:16 PM
    i purchased a brand new tour a bit ago and just recently i wanted to get it unlocked and when i checked it was already unlocked, also someone told me alot of sprint tours come already unlocked. not sure tho
    Yes that's true. Most of the Sprint Tours are shipped already unlocked
    03-08-10 01:17 PM
    DEAR MEMBERS PLZ HELP ME WITH THIS. MY 9630 VERIZON SHOWS THE FOLLOWING

SIM---DISABLED
    NETWORK--- BLOCKED
    CORPORATE---DISABLED

I AM UNABLE TO ENTER THE MEP2 CAN ANY ONE HELP WITH THIS QUERY PLZ.

MY EMAIL ID [email protected]
    11-09-10 12:17 AM

SIM---DISABLED
    NETWORK--- BLOCKED
    CORPORATE---DISABLED

11-09-10 12:21 AM

SIM---DISABLED
    NETWORK--- BLOCKED
    CORPORATE---DISABLED

11-09-10 12:25 AM
    you need to explain what you are trying to do instead of posting the exact same thing more than once.
    Also like everyone said it looks like your phone is already unlocked.
    and have you already inserted a new sim in your phone to have the need of typing in the MEP2 number?
    11-09-10 03:36 AM

SIM---DISABLED
    NETWORK--- BLOCKED
    CORPORATE---DISABLED

This means someone tried to unlock the phone too many times with the wrong code and Blocked the Network. The only it can be unlocked now is for us to have the phone physically.
    11-09-10 09:15 AM
    Hi All,
    I cannot use EDGE from last few days so i contacted my service provider who then informed as the phone i am using is an unlocked phone verizon has blocked it automatically. so i purchased a unlock code however it just go beyond mepd no matter whether i type with shift/alt or a combination just simply won't work for MEP2/MEPP2 on my verizon tour 9630 and i was using vodafone/The customer service representative of vodafone essar advised that its to be unlocked.......

Below is my current status..please let me know what to be one...

SIM---DISABLED
    NETWORK---INACTIVE [The customer service states this has to be shown as disabled also)
    CORPORATE---DISABLED
    05-14-11 01:39 PM
    Hi All,
    I cannot use EDGE from last few days so i contacted my service provider who then informed as the phone i am using is an unlocked phone verizon has blocked it automatically. so i purchased a unlock code however it just go beyond mepd no matter whether i type with shift/alt or a combination just simply won't work for MEP2/MEPP2 on my verizon tour 9630 and i was using vodafone/The customer service representative of vodafone essar advised that its to be unlocked.......

SIM---DISABLED
    NETWORK---INACTIVE [The customer service states this has to be shown as disabled also)
    CORPORATE---DISABLED
    05-14-11 01:44 PM
    Hi All,

SIM---DISABLED
    CORPORATE---DISABLED
    Inactive=Disabled, both mean the phone is unlocked. Which provider are you trying to use with your Blackberry?
    05-15-11 11:50 AM
    Inactive=Disabled, both mean the phone is unlocked. Which provider are you trying to use with your Blackberry?
    are you sure? it almost seems like that if there is no SIM card inserted, it will say "inactive" and if one is inserted it will say "active". then once unlocked it will say "disabled".
    05-16-11 03:42 AM
    are you sure? it almost seems like that if there is no SIM card inserted, it will say "inactive" and if one is inserted it will say "active". then once unlocked it will say "disabled".
    100% sure, we do this all day It will say Active if the phone is locked regardless of there's a SIM card or not. It will switch to Inactive or Disabled once unlocked. Most Blackberry models will say Disabled but the Storms/Tours will say Inactive instead of Disabled once unlocked.
    05-16-11 01:32 PM
    Hey guys...sorry for bumping such an old thread...quick q though...

I got a 9630 (hand me down) from my brother. I checked into it and it appears to be unlocked...but when I pop in my SIM card from my other BB it asks for a Network MEP code. I got a code from freemyblackberry.com but it doesnt appear to work.

Since the BB is already unlocked (from what I can see) is this other Network MEP it's asking for unique to the SIM and I need to contact my service provider?

Thanks for the thoughts!
    04-08-12 01:47 PM
    Just to add another caveat...I booted the phone up today and it did NOT ask me for the Network MEP Code...very very odd. It appears unlocked (as it did before) and when I go to the SIM screen in options and input MEPD I see everything as it should to show it is unlocked.

I even see my correct phone number associated with the SIM. But when I turn on my wireless it's showing the Verizon wireless connection instead of AT&T. What gives?
    04-09-12 04:38 PM
    Next time please open a new thread instead of bumping this old one up.

But this is the solution.

Go to Options - Mobile Network

and select GSM/UMTS as the Network Technology

if this doesnt work, try to type it with the ALT key pressed down, if it still doesnt work it might be that someone put in the wrong code so many times that its blocked.
    Last edited by Muttypint; 04-17-12 at 09:16 PM.
    04-17-12 09:11 PM
    Hi, I bought the 9530 on E-bay, looks damn nice, but can't use it though. It says insert sim card, I tried different sims but to no avail. Thought it might be blocked by verizon (I'm on MTN) enter mepd, get everything shows 'unknown' then mep2, mepp2, mep1, mep3, mep4 doesn't do anything when typed in. Any help would be much appreciated.
    04-20-12 06:11 AM
    network is saying blocked.... what should i do???
    10-25-12 01:55 PM
    For those whose network is active and wep2 does not show up:
    Press ALT + MEPE
    or
    MEPE (without ALT)

Solved my problem on a 9360 model!
    01-29-13 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD