Just got the Tour today thru Verizon Wireless. I loved my Curve and thought this phone was going to be just as great....I was wrong. On my Curve, I could select "mute" as a custom ringtone for a contact....on the Tour, it offers a "silent" but doesn't save and will continue ringing.

So, If you're like me and like to "mute" some calls....don't get the tour, because your phone will be ringing alllll day!

I'm sorry...just realized it's not just "silent" no custom ringtones work woohooo!
    Last edited by qt690000; 07-14-09 at 03:09 PM.
    07-14-09 03:04 PM
    Sounds like you have a stalker of some sort..
    I suggest getting an app that blocks calls.
    There's a few good ones in the App store.
    07-14-09 03:06 PM
    No offense tothe OP, but that might be the dumbest reason not to buy a phone ever.

I find the ringtones application on the storm and tour much better than the old version on the curve et al.
    07-14-09 03:18 PM
    has nothing to do with stalking...I want the phone to do what it's supposed to. $29.99 pre-paid phones can do it with no prob...I would expect a Blackberry could manage...
    07-14-09 03:23 PM
    im sorry to disagree with you but thats deff a reason why not to buy a fone. A simple thing like setting custom ringtones for a contact abd it doesnt work? wat else wouldnt! If i pay 500 for a pda which is supposed to have advanced features. Blackberry better come out with a software upgrade real soon and grey mulligan i dont like u and mr potato head avatar
    07-14-09 03:24 PM
    Would you be upset if they said the phone would give you a BJ, you open the box and it wont? It's not the feature, it's the point...
    07-14-09 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD