Verizon upper management : how is .591 development coming ? We are running out of time before the release date arrives ! It must be ready !

Programmer : its almost ready, but I think we need more time. This release date is going to slip by like the rest I think .

Verizon upper management : we have missed release dates for MONTHS ! We are the last provider to release AGAIN ! You WILL finish it by the proposed release date !

Programmers : there are too many bugs yet !! It would be suicide to release it prematurely ! We are still debugging browser uncaught exception errors, browser click issues, fatal technical phone faults, random obscene ringtones and many other issues ! You CAN'T release it yet !

Upper Verizon management : we have MILLIONS waiting for the greatest technological cell phone advancement in years ! They want PTT and they want it now ! This is going to be HUGE ! You have had MONTHS to fix the bugs !! You better meet that deadline !!!

Programmers : sir, there is no way we can have all these bugs fixed ! As soon as we fix one , three more pop up ! If you release it , the backlash will be detrimental to our customers !

Verizon upper management : you WILL release it and you will release it NOW. There is no reason to worry about bugs and releases with the tour, cause the Tour 2/ Bold is our focus now !! Now release the update ! We will have millions flooding our phones to get PTT !! Now DO IT or your fired !!

Programmers : okayyyyyyyyyyyy, you will be sorry. Don't say we did'nt tell you so

Verizon upper management : DO IT NOW !! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!

Sorry gang, just my take on the .591 release ! I waited forever for them to put this thing out and now I am wishing they would have fixed it before releasing it. Everyone says verizon is the last to release due to their rigorous testing,and I had my hopes up . Happy Easter all and thanks for letting me have some fun at Verizons expense :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 07:41 AM
    Ha, ha, love it! That's probably quite close to what actually took place -
    04-04-10 08:02 AM
    I think it went a little more like this:

VZW Tester: Looks pretty good, there are 2 or 3 minor issues to fix, let's get those done and we can release!

RIM Project Lead: Ok we fixed those issues, here you go.

VZW Tester: Um, you fixed those problems but now the battery life is half as good and the reception is terrible. Try again.

RIM Project Lead: Ok try this one.

VZW Tester: Ok, the battery life is better but now text messages are messed up, and those original issues are back. Try again.

RIM: Try this.

VZW: Ok, so now the browser doesn't register clicks. WTF did you do??

And so on and so on. But they needed to release PTT. No excuse for the bugs in this release that did not exist in earlier builds. The fault lies with RIM; VZW would be waiting forever for a bug-free release because RIM seems to create new bugs every time they touch the code.
    04-04-10 08:57 AM
    Or the real truth is, there have been just as many issues with this release as all the others. No one will ever be completely satisfied. That's the truth.
    04-04-10 09:23 AM
    good job Freekshow, I needed a good laugh at Big Red's expense since they blatently laughed at us with that so called 5.0 release.
    04-04-10 10:29 AM
    I think that the most concerning of anything is the glitch that is bricking phones. People are going through phone after phone because of this OS.

04-04-10 10:41 AM
    Or the real truth is, there have been just as many issues with this release as all the others. No one will ever be completely satisfied. That's the truth.
    x2.. very well said

people complain no matter what
    04-04-10 10:55 AM
    04-04-10 11:17 AM
    Extremely happy with .591. My battery life stayed at 100% for 5 hours yesterday, lost 1 bar when I got up this morning at 9am from the only charge yesterday morning.
    04-04-10 11:20 AM
    For what its worth Ive now upgraded 16 Tours at work for various co workers, and have had not a single phone brick on me. YMMV I suppose.
    04-04-10 11:52 AM
    I am very happy with the new OS.

04-04-10 02:16 PM
    i'm not one to complain over small bugs. This OS has plenty that i could live with. However, the complete bricking of the phone for no reason is a huge bug! Technical Issue errors are being reported daily here. i went through one Tour already because of it i hop this one lasts. It's not like i had any trouble installing the new OS. That went fine. It was 3 days after that that i got the error. i didn't add any apps, themes etc.

If this replacement Tour doesn't brick for no reason i'll be happy. i can certainly deal with browser click issue and memory drain.

04-04-10 02:30 PM
    I'm very happy with .591. The browser is fast, battery and memory are a little better than 4.7. The click issue has happened a few times but I use the native browser and opera 5 about 50/50. The click issue only happens on the native browser.

04-04-10 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD