After reading on here that some people got a 9650 because their 9630 was garbage. well i tried the same. I have had my tour replaced about 4times this month, so yesterday i just received my 4th replacement from sprint. i complained of the terrible battery life and some other problems i had with it. they finally got me to a supervisor and he offered me any phone off the website. When i said the 9650 he said "sorry but that phone isnt available for this kind of replacement, and the hero and moment are off limits too." So then i told him that i feel as if i would be downgrading if i chose anything besides the new bold. i then asked if they can move up my upgrade date to june 4th for the new EVO. he transfered me to another department and BOOM, i got them to change my upgrade date. now i just gotta deal with this blackberry for another week.
    05-29-10 11:46 AM
    4 in a month? That's some tremendous bad luck I guess. I'm on my original one from September, not even a green dot.

How bad was the battery life, if I might ask?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 12:56 PM
    i'm on Tour # 8

and i work at sprint

go figure.
    05-29-10 12:59 PM
    my works great from sprint some people just have bad luck i even dropped mine a few times
    05-29-10 02:03 PM
    First one lasted less than a month. Still on my second one. No problems so far.

05-29-10 02:53 PM
    I have not had to replace mine, hmm l'll start to have problems once the 9650 comes to my carrier

05-29-10 03:06 PM
    4 in a month? That's some tremendous bad luck I guess. I'm on my original one from September, not even a green dot.

How bad was the battery life, if I might ask?

i was losing anywhere from 10-25% after only an hour of light use. so i basically feel like i charge my phone 3 times a day.
    05-29-10 04:04 PM
    I stil lthink that battery drain is because of what people try to do and use on these units. They forget that they are primarily a phone and email reader.

I have had mine since early November, not a single problem with the track ball (always in a case and always clean oil free hands) I answer phone calls read and send emails, use BBM and Yahooo messenger but I have the GPS and the Bluetooth turned off, I get two to two and a half days on my battery. This is the standard battery it came with.
    05-29-10 06:29 PM
    I wouldnt even be using my phone. and i wont have bluetooth on and it drain 10%-20% just sitting in my pocket.
    05-29-10 07:35 PM
    I don't turn any of my services off (GPS or BT), run several programs on background, use the phone to browse and autoupdate my calendar, have many apps etc etc. Naturally, it needs to be charged frequently as a result - but I have cradles/chargers at work and home and carry a spare battery just in case. Works for me... I'd rather deal with frequent charges than constantly toggle things on/off.
    05-29-10 08:10 PM
    Well I just got off the phone with CS. 9630 Replacement on the way. This will be my first Tour replacement, but I went thru 7 Curves(8330). I should have had it replaced awhile ago. Its been rebooting on its own since the day I got it.
    Last edited by 4 Star General; 05-30-10 at 11:14 AM. Reason: spelling
    05-29-10 09:16 PM
    I must have a different BlackBerry Tour 9630 than you guys do. My battery life is outstanding. Much, much better than my friends who have iPhone, Android, & definitely better than Palm. And although I would certainly prefer the optical track pad that comes with the 9650, I have had no problems with my trackball.

My phone never locks up, never reboots on its own (as someone mentioned above). And yes, I've dropped mine on concrete (once) and it kept right on going.
    05-29-10 11:13 PM
    I must have a different BlackBerry Tour 9630 than you guys do. My battery life is outstanding. Much, much better than my friends who have iPhone, Android, & definitely better than Palm. And although I would certainly prefer the optical track pad that comes with the 9650, I have had no problems with my trackball.

My phone never locks up, never reboots on its own (as someone mentioned above). And yes, I've dropped mine on concrete (once) and it kept right on going.
    Same here. Sometimes it seems as though I have the only working Tour after reading these posts. I haven't had an issue since I've gotten the phone. To go further, I have never had an issue with any BlackBerry smartphone I have ever owned, and I have had many.

05-29-10 11:19 PM
    It's because there are a frafrillion people who have working Tours but those minority that don't and they rant/complain/look for advice here.
    05-29-10 11:33 PM
    I'm new to Sprint coming AT&T and Iphone. I have the 9630. The stock Batt was terrible So I got an Extended from Seidio from 11am to 10:30Pm Full charge with moderate use emails,texts, Facebook and twitter only a 15% drop. I'm just waiting for the trackball to go. Last week was pushed in then all of a sudden came back up. I would love a 9650 I'm missing WIFI with the Tour.
    05-29-10 11:49 PM
    Second phone is rocking and rolling like it just came out of the box. I have had it for three months and have yet to have a single track ball incident regarding scrolling issues.

It also seems to love the heck out of .643 OS.
    05-30-10 12:46 PM
    Still on my first Tour and its still magnificent!! & I've had it for almost a whole year, with multiple drops..

05-30-10 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD