OK, so this is probably really obvious, but I'm not figureing out as quickly as I should...

I'm coming from a Windows Mobile 6.1 phone to the Tour and would like to transfer my contacts to the Tour.

I have activesync on my pc along with just installing the BB desktop manager. I have Vista with Outlook 2007 on my home pc and previously synch'd all my contacts into outlook.

I don't see an option to do anything with outlook on my BB DM. Eventually, I'd like to synch with my work pc which has outlook 2003 on XP via usb, but that's secondary to me getting my silly contacts (email/phone numbers) from my other phone.

Any help would be appreciated.
    07-17-09 06:02 PM
    OK, so this is probably really obvious, but I'm not figureing out as quickly as I should...

I'm coming from a Windows Mobile 6.1 phone to the Tour and would like to transfer my contacts to the Tour.

I have activesync on my pc along with just installing the BB desktop manager. I have Vista with Outlook 2007 on my home pc and previously synch'd all my contacts into outlook.

I don't see an option to do anything with outlook on my BB DM. Eventually, I'd like to synch with my work pc which has outlook 2003 on XP via usb, but that's secondary to me getting my silly contacts (email/phone numbers) from my other phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

it syncs with outlook you have to go into the sync settings in dm and select what you want contacts to sync with..

also I believe that the device switch wizard will also work coming from windows mobile...
    07-17-09 06:06 PM
    I went the device switch wizard. For some reason, it isn't even giving me the option to sync via outlook...
    07-17-09 06:31 PM
    I went from a 6.1 device also - my first bberry is the Tour - it seems like an archaic version of 6.1 to me but I needed a more reliable email platform.

The sync was easy - ignore the device switch wizard.
    click "sychronize" button on desktop manager then on the left side click "sychronizatrion" under configuration then click "synchronization" button on left and just pick outlook for your contacts and appts - it was simple and easy.

They sync feature i think ifs far less buggy than windows mobile sync - but the OS sure is not the most user friendly - far too many menus to do simple things - probably will eBay the Tour when some other neat device comes out
    07-17-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD