So, I recently had to switch out my Tours. On my old Tour, I had a vzw.blackberry.net e-mail address. Unfortunately, I can't get that to be assigned to my new Tour. When I try to add it like a normal email address, it doesn't work... and when I try to create it again, it said it has already been taken. Does anyone know how I might be able to switch it over? Any help is appreciated!
    08-11-09 08:33 PM
    Go to BlackBerry Internet Service and switch your device on your BIS account. This should switch over all your email accounts.
    08-11-09 08:35 PM
    Unfortunately, I have no idea how to log into that. It must have been created in the store when I got my Tour, because I have no clue what my login info for that is. Am I screwed?
    08-11-09 08:38 PM
    Unfortunately, I have no idea how to log into that. It must have been created in the store when I got my Tour, because I have no clue what my login info for that is. Am I screwed?
    No. just call Verizon and follow the prompts to get to tech support. they will create a user name it like two minutes and give you a temp password. it will speed up the process if you are at a computer with internet access and at that site. good place to be able to send service books to
    08-11-09 08:41 PM
    I was able to create my own username and all that without a problem. However, I can't link up my old vzw.blackberry.net address up to my new phone. It's not really a big deal if I can't (only used it for Smrtguard anyway), but I'm just curious.
    08-11-09 08:47 PM
    I was able to create my own username and all that without a problem. However, I can't link up my old vzw.blackberry.net address up to my new phone. It's not really a big deal if I can't (only used it for Smrtguard anyway), but I'm just curious.
    When you go in to email set up and create an account you are just creating another BIS account. No harm no foul but your vzw.blackberry.net address is associated with your old BIS account. Did you have any other email addresses set up like yahoo or google? If so they can search by the email address to find the old BIS account.
    08-11-09 08:51 PM
    Darko is correct - Call VZW they can delete the new account and get your email set to your other device. Also they can convert the account to a user name and password for you. This will allow to access the BIS from the device or the website.
    08-11-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD