So over the past few months i've gotten 4 storm replacements all due to the same issue (screen not clicking), so today I called up about the 4th replacement not working and the vzn employee said we can 'go over my options' saying i could get a brand new storm (apparently they just came off the line with some new ones that fixed the screen click issue), or a 8830 or 8330. She didnt seem to know anything about the tour and I played dumb and said 'oh are those the only 3 blackberries you guys have' and she said 'oh im seeing a new one here that's supposed to be released in a month or so (this was today, July 10th) called the tour'. I played dumb again and said 'oh is this a touchscreen or keyboard phone'. anyways long story short she went to a couple supervisors and asked about my trading over to the tour and came back after a while and said she can only send me a brand new storm right now, not even a curve or 8830. has anyone encountered this when trying to trade over to the tour after 3 replacements?
    07-10-09 01:59 PM
    I think there are 28 different threads about this.
    29 I believe. Yes they appear to have done this for a person or two, BUT for the most part they are saying no.
    07-10-09 02:17 PM
    if you have gone through 3 or more storms in 90 days, you can get a whole new different phone for equal or less in value.
    07-10-09 02:36 PM
    I've gone through 4 storms in about 6 weeks and they said it wasn't an option. all they said i could do right now is get a brand new storm. they said if that one was bad though, it could be a different story. i even offered to pay the difference if there is one or pay the 2 year price and they said no. should i mention something to them about the 3 replacements in 90 days? the girl mentioned the curve and 8830 but even after she talked to a supervisor she said i couldn't even trade to one of those!
    07-11-09 12:27 AM
    long story short iv had 5 storms i called about 2 weeks ago and the man spoke to his supv and called me back the next day and on the 13th he said he will call back and send me a tour overnight that his supv said he would approve it
    07-11-09 12:35 AM
    anything specific you might have said that helped you out? it's not even about trying to deceive vzn or anything like that, i just want a functional phone that works.
    07-11-09 12:36 AM
    oh also, what did they do after your 3rd replacement? did vzn ever send you a new storm or just refurbs?
    07-11-09 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD