Hello Everyone,

I've seen a number of people saying they "traded" their Storm for a Tour today, and was hoping you could define what you mean by that? Besides an exchange after going thru a bunch of defective Storms, I am not sure how that would be possible, unless you paid full retail price for either phone.

Here is my situation, any help would be greatly appreciated

I resigned my 2 year contact in Nov 08 when I got my Storm, and I'm a VIP, so I am eligible for my annual upgrade Nov 09. I had a 8830, Moto Q, V810, Razor, T720, etc etc before that. I've been with verizon since they were bell atlantic in the 90's

That said, I want my Tour NOW I've been unhappy with my Storm for similar reasons as other people, but I haven't gotten any replacements via warranty. I loosened the screw to fix the screen click and have just been keeping up with the software updates etc.

So, I've called 611 and visited two retail stores today and I can't get them to let me upgrade without paying full price. The only alternatives I've been offered are to add a line, which I don't really want to do, and you end up paying almost the same $ anyway. Or, cancel my contract (for the $140 pro-rated fee) and start over. The latter would be OK, but I don't want to lose the # I've had for 10+ years... so that is really not an option.

Any suggestions for getting the discounted price? I'm happy to resign my contract and continue paying the $190 something dollar bill every month, it seems like they should be jumping at the chance to keep me as a paying customer.

Thanks!
    Last edited by JRMillion; 07-12-09 at 06:05 PM.
    07-12-09 06:02 PM
    If ur willing to cancel ur contract but don't want to lose your number call and ask if you could open another account and have your number ported.... That would automatically close your other account but idk if it is possible. I don't see why not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 06:07 PM
    Thanks...
    He may have been mistaken, but the way the guy explained it that is only possible when switching between carriers. I've called twice, but may try calling customer service a third time to save myself that hassle...

BUT, I am still very curious if/how Storm owners are getting Tours for the discounted price....?
    07-12-09 06:10 PM
    I FRU'd my third one today....best decision I made
    07-12-09 06:13 PM
    I was in the same boat too. I was not due for a discount till dec. And had been told many times I would have to pay full retail. I accepted my faith and went to he store today to buy it. When I told the girl I was going to pay full retail, she gave me the on year price of $339. I was shocked bc I had been told via vzw csrs that there was no way I could get a discount. To top it off, she only charged me $299.

07-12-09 06:27 PM
    Did she happen to mention how she was allowed to do that?
    I've only ran into dude salesmen so far, so I don't think I'm charming my way into a low price with them lol
    07-12-09 06:29 PM
    I was in the same boat too. I was not due for a discount till dec. And had been told many times I would have to pay full retail. I accepted my faith and went to he store today to buy it. When I told the girl I was going to pay full retail, she gave me the on year price of $339. I was shocked bc I had been told via vzw csrs that there was no way I could get a discount. To top it off, she only charged me $299.

you get her number too?
    07-12-09 06:31 PM
    I'm totally on the phone with 611 right now using your story as ammo to get my upgrade... we'll see if it works haha
    07-12-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD