I currently have the blackberry storm. I upgraded on 3/3/09. After using it for about three months and getting extremely frustrated i have fund that the storm is not for me. I am not a fan of the touch screen at all. My carrier is verizon, what should i do. I won't be able to upgrade at the one year price until 3/10. Should i wait and see if i can find a tour on ebay or try to convince verizon to let me trade in the storm? Any thoughts
    06-20-09 03:31 PM
    I currently have the blackberry storm. I upgraded on 3/3/09. After using it for about three months and getting extremely frustrated i have fund that the storm is not for me. I am not a fan of the touch screen at all. My carrier is verizon, what should i do. I won't be able to upgrade at the one year price until 3/10. Should i wait and see if i can find a tour on ebay or try to convince verizon to let me trade in the storm? Any thoughts
    yeah, a lot of us got screwed by getting the storm, not as good as we all thought it was going to be. anyway..your probably going to have to pay retail for the Tour when it comes out like the rest of us. it will be somewhere around 5-$600 dallors... but its worth it for me to get out of this storm i have though
    06-20-09 03:41 PM
    Yeah, your Storm should fetch $200-$300 on Ebay. Then put it toward the Tour.
    06-20-09 04:19 PM
    some people have been able to sell there storm to someone before they get there new phone and actually make the deal once they get there new phone..

you can get more if its unlocked
    06-20-09 04:37 PM
    yeah, a lot of us got screwed by getting the storm, not as good as we all thought it was going to be. anyway..your probably going to have to pay retail for the Tour when it comes out like the rest of us. it will be somewhere around 5-$600 dallors... but its worth it for me to get out of this storm i have though
    Yeah you got screwed.

You bought a new phone. A Blackberry first. Somewhat new technology. You didnt get "screwed" you decided to upgrade to the phone that you wanted. Is Verizon and or Blackberry supposed to not come out with new and exciting stuff so they dont "screw" their customers? Give me a break.
    06-20-09 04:56 PM
    Yeah you got screwed.

You bought a new phone. A Blackberry first. Somewhat new technology. You didnt get "screwed" you decided to upgrade to the phone that you wanted. Is Verizon and or Blackberry supposed to not come out with new and exciting stuff so they dont "screw" their customers? Give me a break.
    No, but we should be able to expect RIM to put out a phone with a stable operating system that works as advertised. For those of us who downloaded leaked os's, we were ok, but good luck running the 3rd party apps you want to on .75.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 06:56 PM
    There should have been some kind of recall on the Storm, they know it has issues
    06-20-09 07:10 PM
    Yeah you got screwed.

well luckily my storm ran ok but for the number of complaints that went around there was definetly some type of issue.. especially when your talking spending at least 200 dollars on a phone and some people much more...

you would expect it to work properly..

I for one have never had a issue but there was more complaints about the storm in this forum then any other phone released by RIM that I have seen..
    06-20-09 07:13 PM
    keep saying somethings wrong with the phone and get it replaced and after its replaced 3 times you can switch to a different phone
    06-20-09 08:52 PM
    trade it to somebody or post it on craigslist
    06-20-09 09:08 PM
    Yeah, your Storm should fetch $200-$300 on Ebay. Then put it toward the Tour.
    yep im selling my storm and curve curve on ebay for the tour
    06-21-09 04:47 AM
    I bought my first storm in March, but after three days had to return it for a new one... In the storms defense this won hasn't given me any real problems..

What is the tour?
    06-21-09 04:57 AM
    They have tons of storms on ebay now and I'm sure there will be more. You think we will still be able to sell them on ebay and get decent amount?

06-21-09 07:16 AM
    They have tons of storms on ebay now and I'm sure there will be more. You think we will still be able to sell them on ebay and get decent amount?

if there unlocked I'm sure you can get a lot more money. If not, i doubt people will get much money for them now
    06-21-09 07:44 AM
    I sold my storm to a guy for 350 in early may....now i think they go for 200-225. At least at in the market place
    06-21-09 08:27 AM
    in fact I was thinking about buying a storm of craigslist for 180.
    06-21-09 08:31 AM
    I definitely think the eBay route is the best way to go with selling the old phone if you have nobody else to buy it from you. I plan on selling my Voyager on there, but who knows how much that will get haha.
    06-21-09 09:17 AM
    I definitely think the eBay route is the best way to go with selling the old phone if you have nobody else to buy it from you. I plan on selling my Voyager on there, but who knows how much that will get haha.

another thing to look into a the blackberry upgrade program located on the blackberry site.. they often pay a nice price for old phones sometimes it works out to be a good deal (so I have heard)
    06-21-09 05:19 PM
    Does anyone here know If Sprint has a trade in policy? ive had my 8330 for about 3 mos not a bad phone but would like a wifi capable one like the 9630 . thanks in advance for any replies
    06-22-09 09:06 AM
    Does anyone here know If Sprint has a trade in policy? ive had my 8330 for about 3 mos not a bad phone but would like a wifi capable one like the 9630 . thanks in advance for any replies
    The Tour Does Not have WiFi, so you maybe out of luck unless you opt for another BB on a different network
    06-22-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD