ok its weigh-in time.... who thinks the trackpad is a good idea and who thinks bb need to stay with what makes a bb what it is....the trackball
    07-05-09 01:33 PM
    I think in Theory the Trackpad could be better then the trackball but I would need to evaluate both to know for sure.

I like the trackball, just have to pop it out to clean if from time to time.
    07-05-09 01:38 PM
    I though the track pad was a sweet idea,
    untill i heard it doesnt work well in bright sunlight...
    07-05-09 01:41 PM
    why wouldnt it work in sunlight? isnt it 5 phisical buttons put into a pad
    07-05-09 01:43 PM
    i havent had the chance to play with a trackpad but i imagine it would be similar to my laptop and i just think the trackball would be more fun to navigate with
    07-05-09 01:44 PM
    Huh? I don't think so. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's optical, which obviously means it works using light, not 5 axis buttons. This explains why it doesn't work in bright sunlight. Although I imagine it would have to be extremely bright - don't get the wrong idea and think that a trackpad doesn't work in daylight, because it does
    jeez thats what i thought at first and then i heard a bunch of stuff that made it sound like a d pad. if so you would be right because the optics would be effected by extreme exposure.
    07-05-09 01:53 PM
    ok its weigh-in time.... who thinks the trackpad is a good idea and who thinks bb need to stay with what makes a bb what it is....the trackball
    not sure why you posted this thread here in the Tour threads since this has nothing to do with the Tour itself, but I'll say stick with the trackballs, there are proven and all we heard from trackpads are the problems they have when out in the sun so far
    07-05-09 04:29 PM
    ok this argument will be a forever thing..

the reason I say this is when a trackball came about people wanted to keep the trackdial

no matter what they end up finalizing on all devices if it works good eventually you won't miss what it used to be
    07-05-09 04:30 PM
    personally i would have to use it first. but in my prediction, i cant see that a trackpad that small would give me as much tactile function and fluidity that the trackball lets me use
    07-05-09 04:54 PM
    hey everybody
    07-05-09 05:07 PM
    hey everybody
    lol well that was random...but Hello back!
    07-05-09 05:30 PM
    i would need to try the trackpad before i could say which one i thought was better...the current trackballs that bb uses are great in my opinion. I never have a problem with mine on the curve.. works great and allows for fast navigation through the menues
    07-05-09 05:33 PM
    Trackball, optical pad is a deal breaker.
    08-03-09 07:13 AM
    I happen to like the idea of a trackpad more then actually liking it.
    08-03-09 09:35 AM
    I think it will be the natural progression in blackberries. Given to seem most blackberries the main issues are trackball related. If the trackpad works just as good then no more taking out the ball to clean it.
    08-03-09 09:38 AM
    I would need to use a trackpad to really make a decision, but I would think the less moving parts on a phone the better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 09:54 AM
    I don't see what this thread has to do with the 9630, which has a trackball and not the trackpad.

And you can't argue that the trackball makes it a BlackBerry, because the BB used to have a trackwheel on the side of it and THAT used to make it a BB.

Times change, technology does to, and people, things, etc., evolve. You can sit on the sidelines or jump on the train.
    08-03-09 09:57 AM
    I would take the one with no issues, trackpad or trackball, either one is fine by me. Seems like the future BB's will have trackpad though

08-03-09 10:03 AM
    personally, i like the trackball.... dunno how a transition to trackpad would be tho.....
    08-03-09 10:03 AM
    I used a trackpad on a samsung omnia and its pretty good, but I would say not yet as accurate alone. Since it is combined with a touch screen, its fine. If BB made a qwerty trackpad touchscreen in the Tour formfactor, that imho would be the perfect device.

08-03-09 10:07 AM
    I haven't tried RIM's trackpad yet but the others I have messed with seemed to be very responsive and smooth.
    I think it is a good idea and a step in the right direction as long as all the bugs are worked out. There are obviously problems with new technology here and there but I think before implementing it across the entire device line, this is one new technology that needs to work perfectly from right off the bat.
    Being that it will be the primary way to navigate through the device there really is no room for major problems.
    08-03-09 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD