Is there any way to track down a memory leak, besides the process of elimination? I lose about 20.3mb over a 4 hour period. Also wondering if any of these apps contribute to battery drain. I have network set to 1XEV and GPS off. I am not experiencing any battery life like others have expressed. .230, hybrid v7.15 and .230 radio.

Third-Party Apps
    BeBuzz
    Opera Mini 5 Beta 2
    Poynt
    Quick Launch
    QuickPull lite
    Sprint Navigation

Themes:
    BeDroid
    Classique Docked

I never have any apps running in the background besides:
    Native Browser
    Phone
    Home
    I suggest MeterBerry, you can get it in the CB app store for like $2.95, it rocks...
    12-29-09 09:10 AM
    Hmmm...

I used to run MeterBerry and was losing 7-8 mb per day... Now I don't use it and only lose .2 - .5 per day.....
    12-29-09 09:20 AM
    Hmmm...

I used to run MeterBerry and was losing 7-8 mb per day... Now I don't use it and only lose .2 - .5 per day.....
    lol! The app made to help track down memory leaks presents a large one itself. How ironic!
    12-29-09 10:22 AM
    probably that unofficial OS draining a bunch of crap from ur fone
    12-29-09 11:24 AM
    probably that unofficial OS draining a bunch of crap from ur fone
    I was going to add that earlier, any Beta or Hybrid OS can conflict with certain applications or just not run correctly. I specifically do not run Hybrids because you're basically swapping out one problem for another. They really don't solve anything...
    12-29-09 11:28 AM
    I was going to add that earlier, any Beta or Hybrid OS can conflict with certain applications or just not run correctly. I specifically do not run Hybrids because you're basically swapping out one problem for another. They really don't solve anything...
    Actually, before you BOTH jump the crap out of hybrid/leaked OS users, you might be interested to know if you didn't already, that hybrids tend to have BETTER battery life than a full blown "official" release. Whereas I'm running .303/50v7.16/.191 radio, and my battery drain is roughly about 15% a day with 125mb application memory free with normal phone, txt, bbm, and internet usage. And that's WITH meterberry installed.

OP, it's a good possibilty that it's your theme that's killing your battery as those have been noted to be source points of both battery killers and memory leaks.Other than that, start uninstalling your 3rd party apps one at a time and monitor your battery life for a period in between uninstalls until you find that it either slows downs tremendously or you decide that you just don't care.

There's nothing wrong with the hybrids, do a bit more research on the subject as this ISN'T the only blackberry resource on the internet.
    12-29-09 03:46 PM
    Actually, before you BOTH jump the crap out of hybrid/leaked OS users, you might be interested to know if you didn't already, that hybrids tend to have BETTER battery life than a full blown "official" release. Whereas I'm running .303/50v7.16/.191 radio, and my battery drain is roughly about 15% a day with 125mb application memory free with normal phone, txt, bbm, and internet usage. And that's WITH meterberry installed.

OP, it's a good possibilty that it's your theme that's killing your battery as those have been noted to be source points of both battery killers and memory leaks.Other than that, start uninstalling your 3rd party apps one at a time and monitor your battery life for a period in between uninstalls until you find that it either slows downs tremendously or you decide that you just don't care.

There's nothing wrong with the hybrids, do a bit more research on the subject as this ISN'T the only blackberry resource on the internet.

Saying there is nothing wrong with the Hybrid OS's is your opinion, however it's a fact that Betas or Hybrids have issues with certain applications or the runnability of the device. Applications and themes are tested on official OS's, not Hybrids or Betas, hence why if your having and issue with a theme or app and you're using a beta or Hybrid, you will either not receive support, or the developer will tell you to use an official OS. You can run what you want, but many will stand behind the statement that a Hybrid OS swaps one issue for another. Your battery life might be better, but Facebook and the camera will not work, that's my point. You run these OS's and you're on your own...
    12-29-09 03:54 PM
    I just installed Meterberry a few days ago on my storm and it works like a charm. As a matter of fact, my memory is more stable since installation - after 12 hours I have only lost .7 MB memory. Prior to installing Meterberry I was losing 7 MB of memory in the same period of time. On a Storm 1 to boot! Meterberry rocks for me.
    12-29-09 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD