Suddenly my trackball is not as responsive as it was a couple of months ago. Is there a simple fix for this? Thanks
    11-30-09 05:23 AM
    Suddenly my trackball is not as responsive as it was a couple of months ago. Is there a simple fix for this? Thanks
    Cleaning your trackball would be a great option, do search the forum for tips regarding cleaning the trackball without taking the device apart. Goodluck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 05:54 AM
    i just clean mine with windex while pressing down on the track ball. works every time for me
    11-30-09 06:47 AM
    clean it with a little alcohol and press down and roll it around. i never had a trackball issue on any of my blackberries and im a mechanic. so its just a matter of cleaning the device
    11-30-09 07:02 AM
    Mine seems to have starting all of a sudden as well. Although, for me I'm wondering if it has anything to do with updating to OS v.4.7.1.61 due to the timing -- my trackball problems seemed to appear very closely to the time I updated. I cleaned with alcohol last night and didn't seem to change anything.
    11-30-09 09:57 AM
    i had .61 on my tour and i thought it was garbage and rolled it back to the previous .40! however i didnt notice it efffecting my trackball
    11-30-09 06:36 PM
    yea, get a little alcohol swab/wipe and roll it all around while clicking down the ball at the same time as your rolling. I've cleaned mine a few times this way and it works like new every time.

If you can't find any alcohol wipes, just ask someone you know that works in a hospital. They probably have TONS of them...that's where I get mine lol.
    11-30-09 06:42 PM
    i had .61 on my tour and i thought it was garbage and rolled it back to the previous .40! however i didnt notice it efffecting my trackball

The trackball issue ISN'T a software related problem, it's all from peoples dirty F'N fingers. Oils and dirt get stuck down in the hole and clog up the sensors.
    11-30-09 06:43 PM
    If your a little hesitant to use alcohol as mentioned above try this method; get a regular, normal every-day piece of printing paper. Now roll the paper over your trackball in all direction or vice-versa. Always cleaned my trackball when it caught a little oil on it.
    11-30-09 06:48 PM
    The trackball issue ISN'T a software related problem, it's all from peoples dirty F'N fingers. Oils and dirt get stuck down in the hole and clog up the sensors.
    Not true. My phone is brand new (3 days old) and the trackball freezes up sometimes.
    11-30-09 06:56 PM
    Then you have a bad build...but it's not software related, that has been discussed many times and that's the answer everyone comes to.

And if yours is sticking/not scrolling left/right after 3 days of use, you need to go back and get a new one before your 30 days is up. Good luck!
    Last edited by eric02SpecV; 11-30-09 at 07:01 PM. Reason: added info
    11-30-09 07:01 PM
    I got my Tour back when they first dropped in July. On my 29th day, I was fed up with the trackball issues. Mine wouldn't scroll to the left at all. I took it in and they gave me a brand new Tour. I was very happy about that!!

About 3 weeks later I started noticing the trackball having issues going to the left. But it was very random and usually behaved after a few scrolls to the right and then up and down.
    Now, in the last 4-6 weeks it has gotten really bad. I have a very hard time scrolling left and it's gotten to the point where I have to mash the trackball just to get it to move left at all.

So, I called VZW this weekend and told them my issue. I'm WELL over the 30 days, but they said this is a known issue and opted to send me a new Tour. It's on the way as we speak.

My point here: if the thing is acting up, take it back. If you're outside of the 30 days, call CS and tell them your troubles. Be nice and be honest, and they just may send you another Tour. HOPEFULLY these are fixed!
    In the end, we are the customers, we paid a good amount of money for this phone and it should simply work. If it doesn't, get a new one.

I hope this helps someone out there who is having issues with their Tour.
    11-30-09 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD