About 50% of the time i try to move my trackball right it sticks and is immovable unless i start fiddling with it. Should I take it back and ask for a new one? Is anyone else having this issue?
    07-29-09 12:20 PM
    If its sticking %50 of the time you should DEFINITELY take it back!!! You CANT get away with paying ur bill %50 of the time. You (or your company) pay good $ for satisfaction.
    07-29-09 01:02 PM
    It's defective, take it back. Mine wasn't so bad where the ball would physically stop moving, but it would only register horizontal scrolls sometimes. I assume the issue is related. My new Tour works much, much better.
    07-29-09 01:04 PM
    Does the trackball itself not move, or the cursor on the screen?

It sounds like a common problem. Increasing your sensitivity to 80 will alleviate it, but it'll still get stuck. The only real fix is to do an exchange, and hope you don't get one that has the same problems or worse. I love RIM, but they definitely need to fire their QA department.
    07-29-09 01:04 PM
    Does the trackball itself not move, or the cursor on the screen?

It sounds like a common problem. Increasing your sensitivity to 80 will alleviate it, but it'll still get stuck. The only real fix is to do an exchange, and hope you don't get one that has the same problems or worse. I love RIM, but they definitely need to fire their QA department.
    It is the trackball itself that does not move but I think i have fixed it. I called Telus and told them the issue and they said to turn off the phone and push down on the trackball and move it (it apparently conditions it) and so far it works really well and i have not had an issue since. If the problem persists I will definitely take it back.
    07-29-09 01:07 PM
    I have the same issue with Telus just started, won't scroll to the right. I'll try the power fix but I'm replacing mine this week anyway since my screen flickers.
    07-29-09 01:52 PM
    2.5 weeks in, and I just started having the same problem (left/right scrolling). Up/down still working fine. To be clear though, overall I LOVE the Tour, very happy with it! Hoping I don't need to exchange...I'll try that conditioning trick, thanks.
    07-30-09 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD