oh help. my trackball rolls fine, but I can not open or select anything when i push it down. I have to use the enter key for everything now - extremely inconvenient since I'm trained on the track ball select process. Have I altered something or is it cooked.
    Thanks
    12-01-09 07:02 PM
    i had a similar issue on another BB i had and a battery pull solved the issue. On a Tour, it wouldnt surprise me if the trackball is defective but you can always try a battery pull..... Never know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 07:25 PM
    If you had your tour for less than a year, then a defective trackball is covered under the manufactor's warantee. They will most likely give you a refurbished Tour now.
    12-01-09 07:46 PM
    shoot, the battery pull did not work. Refurbished? Hmm, that doesn't excite me either. Thanks for your suggestions.
    12-01-09 08:40 PM
    this happened to me the other day as well and i did the alt+right shift+del button combo and it resolved after reboot..
    12-03-09 11:45 AM
    oh help. my trackball rolls fine, but I can not open or select anything when i push it down. I have to use the enter key for everything now - extremely inconvenient since I'm trained on the track ball select process. Have I altered something or is it cooked.
    Thanks
    my very first Tour had that problem. I took it into Verizon to see what they had to say about it, and told me they never seen a Tour like this. The trackball moved around great but did not respond when pushed down. They had to replace the phone.

do not worry about refubs.. they are as good if not better then brand new devices. I recommend refubs more so then a brand new device
    12-03-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD