My trackball works perfectly fine and I'm using a 9630 Blackberry tour. However, when I push the menu button, I can't scroll in any direction. This is very frustrating and I've tried researching it on google but I cannot find any explanation for this. Please help!
    03-07-11 08:51 PM
    Okay I've just figured out that It will work if I hold the alt key down. Anyway to bring this back to normal?
    03-07-11 09:57 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Additionally, when I click the trackball, it doesn't open or execute whatever icon I'm clicking on. However, when I click the "enter/return" button, it [I]does[I] open/execute the operation. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    03-08-11 11:25 AM
    Battery pull?????
    03-08-11 12:45 PM
    What OS build are you guys using? No scrolling/trackball return issues otherwise? Weird problem you are experiencing; I have never seen this on a BB.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-08-11 10:33 PM
    Battery pull doesn't work. We've tried master, hard, and a soft reset. We are using the latest OS. We downgraded to the lowest one we could. That fixed the problem. Brought it to verizon to transfer it onto my sisters account, the lady there upgraded the OS back up for us to the latest one. Couple hours later, same problem. :/
    03-09-11 10:39 AM
    Any ideas on a fix for this? I've been having this problem for a few days now - got my Tour as a refurb from Sprint after going through 4 Palm Pre's. Love the Tour, love the blackberry but can't stand this stuck trackball in the main menu screen.

Guys at Sprint Corporate tried a software fix - and a reset, nothing. gave me another refurb...same problems with it.

Anyone fix this??? I'm going nuts.
    03-12-11 04:57 PM
    WOW So I think I have resolved my trackball issue! I took the phone out of the hard plastic (kind of a tougher silicon that I found at 5 Below) case last night and the problem suddenly went away! Played with it in the case and out this morning and it looks like the case is every so slightly pressing either the volume keys on the right side or the camera key on the right side. If I pulled the case away from the right side all of the sudden the trackball worked great.
    I can't believe that case might have been what was causing all the grief!

Wanted to share with you guys in case you have cases on - take them off and try it out. I put a soft silicon one on and so far so good.
    Here's hoping this truly resolves the problem!
    03-13-11 10:26 AM
    here is my 4 steps to bb tour trackball success:
    1) lock keypad on bb
    2) flip bb upside down on piece of paper
    3) push down on back over and roll the bb up/down/left/right (directions ball is getting stuck in)
    4) success.
    03-14-11 01:43 PM
    Battery pull, wipe, and ignites's suggestion above have not worked. Any other ideas? I haven't tried downgrading to an older OS yet. Would prefer not to.
    03-15-11 01:21 PM
    Blueberry, that's seems like a possibility from the research I've done about the track ball. Most of the sites I've been too point to the camera button as the main problem for the trackball. However, since I've downgraded OS and it suddenly works I don't think my problem is from the case. :/ This is such a weird problem.
    03-16-11 12:07 AM
    How I got mine working!!!
    MoMoe0, you are quite correct....my trackball went haywire everytime I used the camera and forgot to exit properly.

So....I did 2 things to get mine working instantly again.....for those that still have the problem let me know if this fix works for you so I can post to other forums and help others please.

2 things:

1) OPTIONS > SCREEN/KEYBOARD > RIGHT SIDE CONVENIENCE KEY OPENS
    set this option to "nothing"

2) OPTIONS > PASSWORD > LOCK HANDHELD UPON HOLSTERING
    set this option to "no"

Thats it. worked for me and I havent had a problem since. Not even pulling or wiping worked for me.

Let me kno.

Man-Berry :P
    05-05-11 03:13 AM
    OK....so it happened again yesterday, even with the help i provided above....
    and then I found this out!

If the trackball doesnt work in main menu, when you hold 'alt' or 'shift' you can still scroll.....this tells me the trackball is not broken or stuck or screwed.

So...when this happens again....and you're in the main menu and it's not working....push the camera button again....but the bottom part of the button, there is a slight knob on the bottom of that button...every time you push it, it alternates between unlocking and locking the trackball!

try and let me know if this works for anyone!
    05-06-11 06:42 AM
    Oh..and if anyone from Verizon reads this!....u owe me a beer
    05-06-11 06:43 AM
    I also Got my Problem solved for blackberry 9630 tour trackball issue.

I recently purchased a new mobile and very new at blackberry, i faced trackball is not working in my main menu. I tried everything for downgradation, wape details but nothing worked.

Then i tried one thing, i switched off mobile for 1 hour and again started the TRACKBALL WAS WORKING, then again i started camara from side button , TRACKBALL STOPPED WORKING.

i reallly got upset, but now i am not,

Once again i switched off cell for 6 to 7 hours , but trackball isn't working again, then i tried to solve once again but no help! then after frustration i switched off my cell for 10 to 12 hours fortunatly trackball got working again,

but it is not the solution i was sure, then once again i removed the CAMARA option from right side key ( option-> keyboard settings -> Right side key preferance to nothing). I pressed right side key again and my trackball stopped working again

Don't worry the perfect solution is deionlang's Final post,

I am elloborating again, if your trackball isn't working in main menu and working if you press altr or shift key then,

in right side (camara button) press the BOTTOM edge of the button , everytime i press rightside button in middle part my trackball stop working and if i press BOTTOM EDGE of the same button the trackball works fine. If you are not clear with language or so mail me on jigesh.raval@gmail.com

thank you very much.
    12-29-11 12:49 AM
    This really helped and I have my bb pearl working fine now !!!! Thanks...thanks
    03-18-13 04:37 AM
    Thank you ... this really helped
    03-18-13 04:38 AM
    Thanks pressing Alt KeyIt worked for BB9220
    04-28-13 10:50 PM
    Hello,
    Im having the exact same problem, but i dont quite understand what you mean. I press the camera button (i disabled the camera) but it doesnt unlock or lock my trackball? I own the blackberry curve 9360! Please help, its so annoying!!!
    08-23-13 09:45 AM
    I am very disappointed by my blackberry....9320 blackberry
    trackball is not working for about week.....I take out the battery, I deleted many application nevertheless its still not working
    plzzzz tell me what to do,,,it is very frustrating.
    you're help would be much appreciated
    Thank you
    10-16-13 04:56 PM
    Hi, my nan recently had this problem with her device i tried everything downgrading, pressing the little knob under the camera button, resetting the device, taking the battery out even left the phone run out of battery and left it for a day but nothing worked it was only today that i got angry and pressed every button on the keyboard when really all i did was lock the device when i unlocked the device it worked fine again. Hope this helps someone
    07-18-14 09:23 AM
    I own a blackberry and it was working fine until today 7/6/15 the trackball stop working not sure what cause it and am not sure ,what is happening
    06-07-15 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD