just wondering if anyone has experienced their trackball locking up, the ball does not physically not move. I am thinking something got in there. I pressed in on the trackball and wiggled it around and since then has been fine.

anyone else.

Brian
    12-15-09 08:36 PM
    just wondering if anyone has experienced their trackball locking up, the ball does not physically not move. I am thinking something got in there. I pressed in on the trackball and wiggled it around and since then has been fine.

anyone else.

Brian
    I have experience that, but only when I have lotion on my hands. Other then that, it works like a charm for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 08:51 PM
    Happens to tons of people. Doesn't always loosen up easily either. Mine was stuck for 2 days and the Tour was only 2 weeks old.
    12-15-09 08:51 PM
    any tips on freeing it up? just for future reference
    12-15-09 08:53 PM
    Happened to me a few times in my 3 months of ownership. Press realitively hard, and roll in all directions for several seconds. Youd be surprised how much gunk builds up on the stupid rubber trackball, from the oils on your hand.
    12-15-09 08:54 PM
    If your comfortable voiding warrenty and opening up your Tour, it would be worth putting the old plastic style trackball in there, like one from a Curve.
    12-15-09 08:55 PM
    Happens to me sometimes too. I try to keep the trackball clean with an alcohol wipe every few days. Since its cold out I've been keeping it in my coat pocket instead of a holster and I'm sure that's what is causing this increase in my trackball gunkiness.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 08:56 PM
    I had 2 straight out of the box that was like this and then the 3rd did it after a couple hours of use. The 4th is working great.
    12-15-09 09:30 PM
    You could try placing the phone face down on a plain white sheet of paper and roll it around. I know it probably sounds odd, but it seems to work for me. Just use the weight of the phone, don't press down on it.
    12-15-09 10:42 PM
    You could try placing the phone face down on a plain white sheet of paper and roll it around. I know it probably sounds odd, but it seems to work for me. Just use the weight of the phone, don't press down on it.
    Thats also a good one. Can free up some debris, and the paper will absorb oil off the ball.
    12-16-09 03:00 AM
    I've hade the same problem too after only about a month of ownership. To fix the problem i opened up my phone removed the trackball and cleaned it with an electronics cleaner spray that evaporates after a few minutes. It works fine now but if it happens again i'm gonna use the Curve trackball instead. I did a lot of research on this and it seems to be the best solution. Taking your phone back to the store really is a big waste of time. Also the Paper idea from Mr. Monty sounds like a good solution.
    12-16-09 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD